PDA

View Full Version : New drying technique

Pages : [1] 2

Scott P
06-15-2005, 02:58 PM
In the Grand Prix forum, there is a thread on drying. Here is one post I found a bit amusing. :)

I wash the car in the shade...then dry it with these heavy duty paper towels (more like throw away shop towles, they are blue) and the wax as you dry stuff, works pretty good, but when I dont do that, Instead of using the california blade, I use an old winshied wiper blade (cleaned of course) and becuase its old and broken in, that seems to work the best

klnyc
06-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Welcome to swirlvile,marrvile,etc :nono

pogo123
06-15-2005, 03:26 PM
I used the old wiper blade trick in the past myself. Of course that was before I knew better. :D

CharlesW
06-15-2005, 03:27 PM
1. Grand Prix owners are a strange lot.
2. This is a fine time to tell me this information. I already invested in all those MF towels and a couple of Absorbers.

Charles

Boss_429
06-15-2005, 03:40 PM
I think it would be better not dry it at all... just let it "water-spot". :nono

G35stilez
06-15-2005, 03:58 PM
I like the old windshield wiper idea. Never heard that one before.

CharlesW
06-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I like the old windshield wiper idea. Never heard that one before.Thats been a used car lot staple for years. A fully enclosed winter blade works best.:D

Charles

GregCavi
06-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Well i can finally get rid of those $20 a peice WW towels. Do you have any idea how many wiper blades I can get $60?

Greg

05SilverTRD
06-15-2005, 05:26 PM
I think that the old wiper blades are such a good idea. I think that it would make polishing so much more fun. You could have a challenge getting all of those marks out.

CharlesW
06-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Well i can finally get rid of those $20 a peice WW towels. Do you have any idea how many wiper blades I can get $60?

GregHey Greg, don`t rush into anything.
Let me check my garage tomorrow. I might have some old wiper blades I could trade you for some of your WW towels. Just let me know how many WW towels you need to get rid of. Keep in mind that one wiper blade can do the work of several towels and it never needs to be wrung out or washed.

Charles :D

GregCavi
06-15-2005, 09:56 PM
LOL. :lmfao

Greg

Waxxy
06-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Gotta love it here in DC!

usdm
06-15-2005, 11:16 PM
I wash the car in the shade...then dry it with these heavy duty paper towels (more like throw away shop towles, they are blue) and the wax as you dry stuff, works pretty good, but when I dont do that, Instead of using the california blade, I use an old winshied wiper blade (cleaned of course) and becuase its old and broken in, that seems to work the best

What the hell is wrong with you, man? Don`t you know
children may be reading this forum? :hah :lmfao

mtwedt
06-16-2005, 12:25 PM
In the Grand Prix forum, there is a thread on drying. Here is one post I found a bit amusing. :)

I wash the car in the shade...then dry it with these heavy duty paper towels (more like throw away shop towles, they are blue) and the wax as you dry stuff, works pretty good, but when I dont do that, Instead of using the california blade, I use an old winshied wiper blade (cleaned of course) and becuase its old and broken in, that seems to work the bestDear God in Heaven!!!!!Even in my worst nightmares....I couldn`t cook up something like that!

raikko77
06-16-2005, 04:27 PM
What the hell is wrong with you, man? Don`t you know
children may be reading this forum? :hah :lmfao

And I (child I guess...) actually thought it might work.... Does it?

what happened to a shamy?