PDA

View Full Version : How DO YOU CLEAN OUT THE TRUNKK?>?

mrgrape
08-22-2007, 01:55 AM
k so i have a 95 celica

i open my trunk and i take away the trunks carpet

and i see my spare tire

and nasty sticky **** everywhere

how do i clean that????

i wanna make it really clean and shiny

so last night i tried just getting regular car wash shampoo

and scrubbin with shampooo

but it like doesnt come off...

and i cant rinse it with a hose b//c its inside the trunk

so what do u guys think

ium desperate

93AccordLXwhite
08-22-2007, 04:04 AM
Is the sticky material on the tire/rim itself, or on the well in the car? I`m assuming it`s on the well, and that it`s tar.

Here`s a link (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=72306&highlight=tar)

Basically I think they recommend chiseling it, or freezing it and then chipping it off.

You could then use a bug and tar remover to get the excess off. If you can post pictures or describe the sticky material more it would help us help you:xyxthumbs

Good luck.

mrgrape
08-22-2007, 04:25 AM
Is the sticky material on the tire/rim itself, or on the well in the car? I`m assuming it`s on the well, and that it`s tar.

Here`s a link (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=72306&highlight=tar)

Basically I think they recommend chiseling it, or freezing it and then chipping it off.

You could then use a bug and tar remover to get the excess off. If you can post pictures or describe the sticky material more it would help us help you:xyxthumbs

Good luck.

thanks man

yeh thats exactly what it was

tar!!!

wtfff where did tar come from lol

93AccordLXwhite
08-22-2007, 05:02 AM
Cool. Car manufacturers use tar to deaden sound/vibration from where the different pieces of steel and stuff connect. Hopefully someone else can comment about removing it though. I`ve heard of using dry ice to freeze it but never tried it.

codiddy
08-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Cool. Car manufacturers use tar to deaden sound/vibration from where the different pieces of steel and stuff connect. Hopefully someone else can comment about removing it though. I`ve heard of using dry ice to freeze it but never tried it.

dry ice can do wonders for caked on chewing gum, so i imagine it would work great on tar as well. plus if you have any left you can make **** go boom!

imported_Jakerooni
08-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Why remove it? They put it there for a reason ;) If your not liking the color of it simply grab your favorite color of rattle can and make it match anything you want. If it`s in your spare tire well who cares. No one will ever see it. Couldn`t tell you how many customers have had me repaint their trunks to match. It`s simple and works great. And for the record if you have access to a shop vac and a air nozzle (w/ air compressor) you can very easily soak the crap out of your trunk space all you want to get it as clean as possible. Never be afraid to try something new.