PDA

View Full Version : Autopia`s New Layout...

Joshua312
08-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Where is the search function when you are not on the homepage? I find myself keep having to come back to the homepage if I want to search for anything...

Using Mozilla Firefox version 2.0

Setec Astronomy
08-21-2007, 09:12 PM
I have a bar across the top of this page, that stars with "User CP"...that has the search button on it...I`m not sure if it was always there, because I used to use the search box that was in the upper right corner which is gone now.

Eliot Ness
08-21-2007, 09:13 PM
If you select Search This Thread, and then select advanced search, you can search any or all forums.

Joshua312
08-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Okay did a little looking around, when under specific forum titles like Click and Brag - Hot Tub - Etc...I have a search function a little lower than where it was previously that is a drop down menu that says "Search this Forum". However when I am on the overview page of all Forum sections I still don`t have a search function at the top or where it previously was.

Also, when I am replying to a thread like this and submit, the page does not contain a search function except for searching the post.

Setec Astronomy
08-21-2007, 09:17 PM
I dunno, at least with IE 6 right under the thread title there is a strip of links, which as I said, starts with "User CP" and includes "New Posts" and "Search".

Paulie Walnuts
08-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Not sure but I sure like the new look

Joshua312
08-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I dunno, at least with IE 6 right under the thread title there is a strip of links, which as I said, starts with "User CP" and includes "New Posts" and "Search".

Wow...Sorry I guessed I skimmed right over looking for the search function near the center of the page. I appreciate your help. Thank you

Setec Astronomy
08-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Wow...Sorry I guessed I skimmed right over looking for the search function near the center of the page. I appreciate your help. Thank you

No problem...I can`t live without the "New Posts" button...

imported_DieselMDX
08-21-2007, 10:13 PM
No problem...I can`t live without the "New Posts" button...

agreed i am having the same problem

Setec Astronomy
08-21-2007, 10:20 PM
agreed i am having the same problem

Um...what problem? The New Posts button is still there....I was just empathizing with Josh about not being able to find his favorite button!

BlackElantraGT
08-21-2007, 10:44 PM
It`s missing the new posts link from the main page. Before you can type in autopia.com, and then there was menu option for new posts in the top right hand corner. Now, you have to go to the forum first, and then you can hit new posts.

Setec Astronomy
08-21-2007, 10:47 PM
No, no, no...right on the home page, under where it says "Welcome Back (user name)" there is a "new posts" link....it has been there for a long time.

BigAl3
08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Before you can type in autopia.com

:nixweiss .....

BlackElantraGT
08-21-2007, 11:31 PM
:nixweiss .....

sorry, that was a typo. I meant .org :)

Ok, I see where the new post link is now. I was used to the one on the top right hand corner of the homepage.

BigAl3
08-22-2007, 01:11 AM
sorry, that was a typo. I meant .org :)

j/k, i know... ;)