PDA

View Full Version : So how much polishing is too much?

Skyhawk
08-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Well since i go to fight school down in Florida, and only have the chance to detail my car while im in Charlotte, i like to do a "major" detail on it in August before i leave, December when i get back for Christmas break, and May when i get back in Charlotte. Now when i do this, ive been using Merenza IP, Z-PC, Z-AIO, and then Z-5 and Z-2 followed by Z-CS. Now is 3 times a year too much? The reason i like doing it at these times is b/c down in FL its outside 24/7 and if i want to wash it i have to take it to the local coin-op and bring my own bucket and wash it there. So it doesnt stay near as clean as it does in Charlotte, since its a pain to try to keep it clean.

So am i polishing it too much? Or is it alright?

Also, the combo of Z-5, Z-2, and Z-CS should protect me pretty well for the 4-5 months im down there right?

Old Pirate
08-21-2007, 05:47 PM
I do think you need to do that 3 times a yr, but if you feel it needs it then go ahead. What part of Florida your going too?

Skyhawk
08-21-2007, 06:12 PM
I do think you need to do that 3 times a yr, but if you feel it needs it then go ahead. What part of Florida your going too?Jacksonville

LazerRed1
08-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Also, the combo of Z-5, Z-2, and Z-CS should protect me pretty well for the 4-5 months im down there right?

That would be pushing it.