PDA

View Full Version : Need some Zaino advice.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kewjoe
08-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Been out of the loop for a bit, I see Zaino has a couple of new products. I`ve been searching and reading a bunch in the last 3 days. I`m about done my Z5 and Z2 (both non-pro). I want to try some of the new stuff. I`m a little confused, please help me figure this out.

What would be the new process? assuming you need to do light/medium correction

1) Z-PC (Already own)

2) Z-AIO - Cleaner/light polish

3) Z5 Pro + ZFX x 2-3 coats

4) Z2 Pro + ZFX x 2-3 coats

5) Z-CS - Seals in the look?

Wait 12-24 hours

6) Z8 (Already own)

Is this overkill? or is this what most zaino users are doing? I don`t want to break the bank, but if Zaino users recommend the above process, I`ll give it a shot.

Btw, my car is a Red `04 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

:thx

gmblack3
08-21-2007, 02:37 PM
You won`t need the ZAIO if you are using ZFX.

Also you can just use Z5pro if you like.

derekbmw
08-21-2007, 02:37 PM
How about...

ZPC - ZAIO - ZFX`ed Z5 x2 - ZFX`ed Z2 x1 - ZCS - Z8 (1 day later) ????

jshillin
08-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Not overkill, that`s basically how I do it when I go with my Zaino products, I just use Menz SIP in place of Z-PC. I have both, just prefer SIP.

Kewjoe
08-21-2007, 02:51 PM
gmblack3a: What about the reverse? If I use Z-AIO, do i still need ZFX? Meaning, will Z-AIO help Z5 or Z2 cure faster? What are people using Z-AIO for? As for Z5 Pro, I`m assuming its the preferred choice among some Zaino users for dark colours ? Thanks!

derekbmw: Besides the the amount of Z2/Z5, how is what you wrote different than mine? :lol Unless that`s your point, which is valid. I can reduce the amount I use. I guess before I get to that step, I want to know what product to buy

jshillin: I have OHC and OC for heavy duty, and Z-PC for medium-light duty. I used it once last year, it was a bit tough to learn how to use, but I got the hang of it eventually.

Thanks for the replies. So we have 2 votes for get the entire lineup, and 1 vote for, get Z5 Pro and don`t bother with Z2 Pro.

wannafbody
08-21-2007, 02:57 PM
I think it`s a bit of overkill. Personally I think ZAIO topped with CS and occasionally refreshed with Z8 is enough. For those who like to layer repeatedly it certainly doesn`t hurt any to add some Z5p or Z2p into the mix.

derekbmw
08-21-2007, 02:57 PM
oh haha :), I believe you can use up to 3 layers of either Z5/Z2 using ZFX as an accelerator. I`d add Z2 as a final layer, it seems to brighten up, and looks very good.

Kewjoe
08-21-2007, 02:59 PM
I think it`s a bit of overkill. Personally I think ZAIO topped with CS and occasionally refreshed with Z8 is enough. For those who like to layer repeatedly it certainly doesn`t hurt any to add some Z5p or Z2p into the mix.

So from your experience the combo of Z-AIO + CS + Z8 looks good enough to the point where adding Z5p and/or Z2p may not be all that noticable?

imported_memnuts
08-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Full detail:

ZPC (if necessary and depends on the condition of your finish) > ZPC as a finishing polish and initial layer of protection . Z2PRO/ZFX (red vehicle) x 2 > next day CS in AM and Z8 that evening.

I always have Z5PRO on hand for follow-up applications to help hide any blemishes that may occur between full details.

Paulie Walnuts
08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Who is to say what is overkill though? If you like it who cares what others think, just have fun with it. I reality you might not see as much of an improvement in looks by all the layers. I like Zanio because its easy to apply, looks great and its fun to apply once a week or so and hell it cant hurt.

I cannot speak for ZCS though becuase I have never used it. I hope to get some soon so I can tinker.

Kewjoe
08-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Full detail:

ZPC (if necessary and depends on the condition of your finish) > ZPC as a finishing polish and initial layer of protection . Z2PRO/ZFX (red vehicle) x 2 > next day CS in AM and Z8 that evening.

I always have Z5PRO on hand for follow-up applications to help hide any blemishes that may occur between full details.

Did you mean Z-AIO in the bolded part? you said ZPC twice.

Kewjoe
08-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Who is to say what is overkill though? If you like it who cares what others think, just have fun with it. I reality you might not see as much of an improvement in looks by all the layers. I like Zanio because its easy to apply, looks great and its fun to apply once a week or so and hell it cant hurt.

I cannot speak for ZCS though becuase I have never used it. I hope to get some soon so I can tinker.

You`re right, but I wanted to gauge what the community deemed overkill before I empty my wallet :LOLOL

imported_memnuts
08-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Did you mean Z-AIO in the bolded part? you said ZPC twice.

:shocked

Yes!!! Sorry for the typo ZAIO! :o

Kewjoe
08-21-2007, 04:52 PM
:shocked

Yes!!! Sorry for the typo ZAIO! :o

Kewjoe
08-21-2007, 04:55 PM
so it seems the consensus is to get Z-AIO and Z-CS. There is a vote for not getting Z2p or Z5p.. another vote for just Z5p and not Z2p.. one vote for just Z2p and not Z5p, and several that would get both Z5p and Z2p

:getdown

I think what I`ll do is get the Z-AIO and Z-CS for now. Finish up my Z5/Z2 (like 10% left of both) and decide next year if I want Z2p/Z5p

Thanks all.