PDA

View Full Version : jetseal vs mseal

richy
08-20-2007, 02:11 PM
My supply of Menz FMJ is starting to run low and I wanted to try a CG product with a quick curing time. I was thinking of jetseal or mseal. The jetseal is like twice the price. Has anyone used both? I could not find a comparison searching the threads? Another thing, does it help give a wetter appearance to top either one with carnuba? I was also thinking of ordering the wet mirror finish as well..is it like RMG for results or better?

richy
08-20-2007, 02:48 PM
bump..anyone?

richy
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Is there not anyone who can tell me how these 2 compare?

seancca
08-20-2007, 07:41 PM
I know this guy vxrmarc(he worked with paul out there) in england swears by jetseal. He uses it all the time on wheels and such. Recommends just using that no wax because it defeats using jetseal.

imported_DetailDan
08-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I know this guy vxrmarc(he worked with paul out there) in england swears by jetseal. He uses it all the time on wheels and such. Recommends just using that no wax because it defeats using jetseal.

Where did you get that info? He just detailed a A8 used Jetseal and topping it with Swissvax.

imported_Lightman
08-21-2007, 09:30 AM
From the descriptions it seems like jetseal is more of a glaze/sealant compared to just a pure sealant. I wonder if that extrapolates to the jetseal having better looks and mseal having better durability. When my 16 oz`er of f-seal runs out, I think I`m gonna try mseal. F-seal has been great so far.

kapinnn
08-21-2007, 09:42 AM
I don`t know about MSeal, but jet seal can be topped in 20 minutes. The time makes a difference to me. I use JetSeal all the time.

porta
08-21-2007, 10:15 AM
I think M-seal can be topped very quick as well.

Glossmaster
08-21-2007, 10:42 AM
M-Seal (and F-Seal) will bond to the paint surface in under a minute. I suggest waiting 20-30 minutes when layering or topping both of these products. Remember to apply them in thin layers. As for the JetSeal, It`s one of the new CG products that I haven`t tinkered with yet, and I never want to offer an opinion on products which I`ve never used. If you wax/seal frequently, go with the M-Seal. You`ll get 6 weeks of solid performance from it. (based on my experience here in the West Texas weather/blazing sun). You can enhance the durability by using Sonus Acrylic Spritz, Glanz, DG AW etc. after washes. I`ve been alternating M-Seal with JW AJT every few weeks with outstanding results.

richy
08-21-2007, 11:42 AM
thanks guys..I`m looking for a product that will last for a solid 6 months. I can also top it with collinite if it helps. will the wmg under the jetseal help its appearance?