PDA

View Full Version : Cham Easy - best drying solution?

Domas
08-19-2007, 03:39 AM
I`m not a detailing pro, but I found this video of this product "Cham Easy", so I thought you guys might like to see it:

YouTube - The Amazing Cham Easy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-6eiApMONA)

Anyone tried using it? It looks like the easiest way to dry a car. If it`s really good, I`m planning to order it from US...

admac
08-19-2007, 03:55 AM
feels spammy. new user linking to a video posted 4 days ago. hmmm.

[edit] sorry, domas has made a few posts here recently that are totally unrelated to this thing. it did look suspicious though. :)

Domas
08-19-2007, 04:00 AM
Think what you want, but I`m not a spammer, if you like you can delete my post. You can see my other posts, I looked for advices from you pro`s. Also, I`m Lithuanian, I can`t even get this product in Europe, so I wanted to ask you if this product is as good as it says. Well, I thought this forum is not newby banning, oh, well at least I tried to ask for advice...

admac
08-19-2007, 04:02 AM
yeah. sorry about that. see my post above. never heard of that rubber/neoprene chammy thing. generally people here avoid those types of things like waterblades because they can easily catch dirt under them and leave nice long scratch on the paint. i have a waterblade that i used a few times and even though i never got any serious marring from it, it didn`t feel "right" to use it.

Domas
08-19-2007, 04:10 AM
Well in the video it looks flawless, but it`s a promotional video, lol :D

Thanks for your thoughts, I would never think it could scratch the paint. I personally use synthetic chamois, but when the car completely dries there are still some wiping traces visible. I don`t wax my car every time, so I`m looking for a solution/technique to make the car as clean as possible after drying.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-19-2007, 11:18 AM
so I`m looking for a solution/technique to make the car as clean as possible after drying.

Add a QD or Spay wax to your "mix" while drying it.

admac
08-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Well in the video it looks flawless, but it`s a promotional video, lol :D

Thanks for your thoughts, I would never think it could scratch the paint. I personally use synthetic chamois, but when the car completely dries there are still some wiping traces visible. I don`t wax my car every time, so I`m looking for a solution/technique to make the car as clean as possible after drying.

well, if your car still has protection on it, a lot of people try to sheet the water off the car. the theory is that if your car`s surface is slippery water WANTS to stay together. so if you use your hose with no nozzle and turn the water flow down to a smooth stream, you can start at the top of your car and sheet the water droplets off your car all the way down. it does work and it has the added benefit of being a "no-touch" method of drying. if you wanted to go crazy and use a leaf blower after that you`d only have to dab your paint dry with a good microfiber to be done with the drying process.

BigAl3
08-19-2007, 03:11 PM
basically that is the same concept as the water blade and if you get one little dirt particle stuck to it, thus dragging it around the paint... scratch city. stick to a quality waffle weave or mf drying towel...

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autopia_1959_7855777 http://www.partsamerica.com/product_images/img/vik/837100.jpg

danforz
08-19-2007, 03:49 PM
well, if your car still has protection on it, a lot of people try to sheet the water off the car. the theory is that if your car`s surface is slippery water WANTS to stay together. so if you use your hose with no nozzle and turn the water flow down to a smooth stream, you can start at the top of your car and sheet the water droplets off your car all the way down. it does work and it has the added benefit of being a "no-touch" method of drying. if you wanted to go crazy and use a leaf blower after that you`d only have to dab your paint dry with a good microfiber to be done with the drying process.

:bigups :bigups :bigups

Don`t know why this technique isn`t mentioned more around here :)