PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z7 vs. Meguiars Gold Class Wash

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_RedlineIRL
08-19-2007, 02:37 AM
For those that have used both, which one is better? I`ve been using Gold Class, but I want to try something different. Which one has the better lubricity? Does the Z7 really add to the slickness to the finish like I`ve heard?

SuperBee364
08-19-2007, 11:23 AM
I bought a jug of Gold Class shortly after I got my foam cannon. But then again, i bought a jug of just about every car soap out there shortly after I bought my foam cannon, but I digress...

Z7 is one of the very best car soaps I`ve used. It has awesome lubrication, and second-to-none foaming. It`s cleaning ability is very good, but it is surpassed by CG"s Citrus Wash & Gloss.

I`ve tried many of the Meguairs soaps, and while I like the vast majority of Meg`s products, I have yet to find one of their soaps that I thought was worthwhile. Frankly, I think the Gold Class sucks.

derekbmw
08-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Based on my experience with, Z7 is much better than GC in every area except price.

imported_steveo3002
08-19-2007, 12:15 PM
i hear duragloss shampoo compares well to zaino? maybe worth a try

SuperBee364
08-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Based on my experience with, Z7 is much better than GC in every area except price.

I have done very (and I`m talking *very*) extensive testing on many car soaps.

Z7 has the following advantages over CW&G:

1. Better Lubrication

2. Better foam

3. Easier rinsing

CW&G has the following advantages over Z7:

1. Much, much better cleaning. Just be careful you don`t use too much, cause it makes a great LSP stripper.

2. CW&G really leaves an amazing shine. The kind of shine you get after using Z8.

3. Helps prevent water spots.

Mixing an ounce of Z7 with two ounces of CW&G gives you the best of both worlds.

imported_RedlineIRL
08-19-2007, 12:39 PM
I`ve tried many of the Meguairs soaps, and while I like the vast majority of Meg`s products, I have yet to find one of their soaps that I thought was worthwhile. Frankly, I think the Gold Class sucks.

I have really started to loose major interest in Meguiars products myself. After using much higher quality polishes and waxes, I`m not turning back.

I know after using Gold Class, after 5 or so washes the slickness feeling after waxing would go away. Does the Z7 keep the slickness feeling? Honestly, I would not be surprised if the Gold Class is removing the wax. Maybe it doesn`t have a neutral Ph level to it. Also, is Z7 good at preventing watter spotting? Another plus on the Z7 is the UV40 protection, since my car sees a good bit of the outside weather.

PRB
08-19-2007, 01:07 PM
SuperBee, what is bad about the Gold Class?

danforz
08-19-2007, 02:04 PM
I think your splitting hairs a bit. Get which ever is cheaper :)

Paulie Walnuts
08-19-2007, 05:41 PM
I would much rather get the Z7 but as often as I wash I would go broke.

IMO there is nothing wrong with Megs GC. It works great I have been using it for years. It also works nice in the foam gun.

I actually started using Armor Alls carwash soap and I really like it. The suds dont last long but it cleans really nice and a half gallon of it is only $3. It does not however work well with the foam gun.

Brian_Brice
08-19-2007, 05:58 PM
I have really started to loose major interest in Meguiars products myself. After using much higher quality polishes and waxes, I`m not turning back.

I have got to think that you`re refering to meguairs over the counter line, not thier professionally designed products. Correct?

JeffM
08-19-2007, 07:24 PM
why do people always start talking about meguiars when people ask about zaino.

one is like a ferrarri, and the other is a saturn..

as far as z7 goes, ya its great, its zaino, but eh, its expensive.

i fix my slickness problems by hitting it with z8 after i wash.

SuperBee364
08-19-2007, 10:20 PM
SuperBee, what is bad about the Gold Class?

It has crap for lubrication, it doesn`t clean well, and doesn`t foam for shucks compared to Z7 (or alot of other soaps, really). I`ve never used it on a car that had LSP on it, so I don`t know if it strips LSP or not. When I was doing the vast majority of my soap testing, my car was quite LSP free. :)

Z7 is completely LSP safe, so it does help maintain the slickness of your LSP. It does not, however, appear to help fight water spots like CW&G does. I think CW&G has a rinse agent in it, similar to what they put in automatic dishwashing detergent (like Cascade). It makes it a bit harder to rinse, but then again maybe I`m rinsing *too* much and fighting the rinse agent.

As far as splitting hairs, I don`t think so. Is it any more senseless to discuss the virtues of car washing soaps as we do with sealants and waxes? To me, the washing process is *the* most important step to vehicle maintenance, as it pretty much decides how marred up your car is going to get over time, as well as how long your LSP is gonna last. Seems pretty important to me. That`s pretty much why I`ve spent so much time learning soaps, processes, etc.

Yup, I`ve spent alot of time on it, and I plan on spending more time on it. Wish winter wasn`t gonna be here so soon to ruin the fun. :)

SuperBee364
08-19-2007, 10:29 PM
i hear duragloss shampoo compares well to zaino? maybe worth a try

Here I`ve tried a bunch of soaps, and I still haven`t tried this one. Some of Autopia`s most respected members swear by this stuff. I really need to get some. I believe that Accumulator uses that soap.

Setec Astronomy
08-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Last I know Accumulator`s favorite is Griot`s. I`m kind of shocked to hear someone say that GC has poor suds, because I find it to be one of the sudsiest, although I like it less and less because of how much streaking it leaves.

SuperBee364
08-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Ah, that`s right, he does use Griots. Gotta put that one on the list, too.

Through a foam cannon at least, GC doesn`t foam for crud.