PDA

View Full Version : Rust Spots Everywhere?!!?!

danforz
08-18-2007, 05:21 PM
hey guys, after applying ZCS`s 2nd coat a few weeks back I didn`t wash my car for another week and a half. In the meanwhile, it got pounded by my neighbors sprinklers (had lots of water marks). Anyways, last time I washed my car, I noticed DOZENS if not HUNDREDS of little yellow/brown spots all over my vehicle that only came off when I picked at it with my nail.:wall :grrr i`m assuming this is all rust spots? I`m positive these wern`t around prior to my applications of ZCS. Curious if anyone has any idea how/why this happend? And would Sonus Green help/not remove all the layers of Zaino I`ve put on the vehicle?

imported_GregCavi
08-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Are you blaming ZCS for the spots?

Sounds like ferrous oxide to me. Claying will help remove the contaminants. After claying, you may still have some zaino on the vehicle. If your goal is to remove the zaino, you will need to do some light polishing.

Greg

todd@bsaw
08-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Sounds like Greg nailed it. I bet your neighbor has some old piping in their sprinkler system that sprayed iron all over your car. After the water spots dry, it turns into ferrous oxide (rail dust, by some standards). You`ll have to clay your car.