PDA

View Full Version : ok to use p21s carnauba wax after wash?

ipaqman2005
08-17-2007, 10:44 PM
hey all,

so i detailed a customers range rover sport supercharged today and used the following steps:

wash with poorboys wash

poorboys ssr 1

klasse aio

klasse sealent

menzerna full acrylic shield

in about a week or so i am going to be washing this car again (just a regular wash) and wanted to know if it would be ok to apply p21s carnauba wax after the wash? is there any benefit to this?

thanks,

ipaqman

imported_tpdetail
08-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Yes it is perfectly fine. The rule of thumb for all sealants is 24 hours.

ipaqman2005
08-17-2007, 10:50 PM
is it bad to apply klasse sealent.... wipe off, then apply menzerna acrylic shield?

would there be any benefit to applying p21s carnauba after the wash or should i apply it after 24 hours?

stiffdogg06
08-17-2007, 10:53 PM
is it bad to apply klasse sealent.... wipe off, then apply menzerna acrylic shield?

I think not letting the Klasse cure for ATLEAST 12hrs at minimum, you could`ve sacrificed durability. Because you never let the sealant actually bond to the paints surface.

ipaqman2005
08-17-2007, 11:09 PM
so wouldnt the menzerna acrylic shield help that?

steelwind101
08-17-2007, 11:52 PM
You need to wait between sealants otherwise there will not be a good surface to apply the next product too. Its essential its cured for bonding of that layer and the next.

ipaqman2005
08-18-2007, 03:08 AM
but wouldnt it be ok because klasse and menzerna acrylic shield are both sealents?

when you mean let klasse cure for at least 12 hours do you mean cure before wiping it off or after you wipe it off?

what i did was apply klasse sealent.... wiped it off, then used menzerna acrylic shield to make sure i didnt miss a spot when i wiped off klasse sealent.

Setec Astronomy
08-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Well, just like you wouldn`t want the car to get rained on right after you applied KSG, you don`t want to spray and wipe another water-based sealant right after. I think the other members are saying that instead of a layer of SG with a layer of HGAS on top of it, you probably just have a layer of HGAS.

Back to your original question, if this will be the last time you see this vehicle for a while, P21S will be a fine topper and add some appearance benefit (at least to a lot of people`s eyes). If this will be a weekly wash customer, you might want to build up some layers of KSG or HGAS after each wash, before finally topping with a wax, since once the wax is on there, you won`t be able to add any more sealant.