PDA

View Full Version : How do these products fit into my lineup?

95maxrider
08-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Hello everybody, my name is Nick and I`ve been reading the FAQs for the last few weeks trying to learn the basics of machine polishing and all the different products. Please excuse me if this isn`t the correct forum to post something like this.

Here`s a list of the products I`m currently using

-Zaino Z-2 polish (really a polish?)

-3M SMR for light + dark cars

-Ibiz wax

-Meguiar`s Deep Pile Chenille wash mitt

-Clay Magic

-Zaino Quick Detail spray (can this be used with the Ultima products?)

Here`s a list of the products I just ordered from Autopia

-UDM v1000 with DAS Pad Bundle & Bonnet

-Ultima Paint Guard Wash

-Ultima Paint Prep Plus

-Ultima Paint Guard Plus

-Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel

I`m trying to figure out where the 3M SMR and Zaino Z-2 fit in with my Ultima PP+. My understanding is the PP+ is more of a cleaner with mild polishing capabilities, and I think I will need a stronger polish to remove the harder stuff. In what order should I use the 3M and Zaino? Or should I just get something like Menzerna FP to cover my basic polishing needs and not use the 3M and Zaino? I don`t want a super strong polish yet as I`m still new to the UDM world.

Does the Menzerna FP break down properly with the UDM or does it require a rotary?

PRB
08-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Surprised no one has commented on your post

The Z-2 does not have any abrasive qualities. It is a sealant.

The 3M Swirl Mark Remover is a light polish which will also do some filling/hiding of defects.

Brian_Brice
08-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I like the fact you dove right into the Ultima lineup. I don`t know how much the formula`s have changed since the rdf 49 beta testing but i just recently ran out of all but one of my test samples(the spray sealant), and am very happy to say the products are gold! You`re gonna be a happy man when that package arrives, and if not just foward the box to my house.

SpoiledMan
08-19-2007, 04:06 PM
I like the fact you dove right into the Ultima lineup. I don`t know how much the formula`s have changed since the rdf 49 beta testing but i just recently ran out of all but one of my test samples(the spray sealant), and am very happy to say the products are gold! You`re gonna be a happy man when that package arrives, and if not just foward the box to my house.

I have to agree here.