PDA

View Full Version : First time with Zaino CS

gizzsdad
08-17-2007, 01:44 PM
I`ve got my CS and getting ready to apply for first time. I`m a little skittish, worried about what technique to use to keep it thin and still get good coverage. Cripes, I think the bottle says 1/4 oz. will do my whole car?!? I`m not sure I could do my bike with 1/4 oz.!!

I figured on spritzing my pad with some Z6 and loading a `little" CS on the pad and then starting a section at a time. Do I have to worry about over-lapping sections and getting too thick, or just blend from section to section?

Any help from experienced users with this product would be appreciated.

Mike

derekbmw
08-17-2007, 01:47 PM
I just follow what the description says on zainostore.com. a little goes a long way.

1 spray will do about half a hood.

gmblack3
08-17-2007, 02:22 PM
No need to prime with Z6, use a fresh cotton app.

One spritz on the pad.

Starting with half the hood, one spray in a sweeping motion accross the hood.

Wipe over the hood 3-4 times, trying to knock down any high spots that you might see.

Don`t worry if you don`t see it go on everywhere on the hood. If you went over the area, it is there.

Continue on the rest of the car. I go over glass then the trim last.

Dependning on heat and humidity it should be dry by the time you return to the starting point (hood.) If you have any areas that would not fully dry out, you can use Z6 on those areas.

Scottwax
08-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I apply it with a Meguiars foam hand pad (works great with Opti-Seal too). I just lightly spritz the pad and start applying to the paint, lightly working it in and going over any thick spots. You can feel a slight drag on the pad when it is time to spritz is again. If it isn`t drying VERY quickly (less than 30 seconds) you are using too much.

danforz
08-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I apply it with a Meguiars foam hand pad (works great with Opti-Seal too). I just lightly spritz the pad and start applying to the paint, lightly working it in and going over any thick spots. You can feel a slight drag on the pad when it is time to spritz is again. If it isn`t drying VERY quickly (less than 30 seconds) you are using too much.

I too have found it to work more efficiently using foam pads. If you use the supplied terry cloth pad, the pad will absorb a lot of the CS so you won`t have over application problems. The foam pad however absorbs VERY LITTLE of the CS allowing for ever more coverage from just one spray. If you follow the later method, try spraying the CS directly onto the foam pad (similarly to UPGP) rather then onto the paint directly.

I had my younger brother help me apply CS the other night... he had a foam pad and I had a terry. I hadn`t spritz his pad for at least a panel or two, and I had him go over the side windows expecting that I`d have to apply more CS to his pad. He went over them with out the extra spritz and I was amazed to see there was TOO MUCH CS on the side windows from his pad.

Foam Pad = CS goes a LLLOOONNNNGGGGG way

imported_memnuts
08-17-2007, 06:45 PM
DO NOT SPRITZ with Z6 or anything under any circumstance.

CS and clean dry cotton is the best method. CS will not go beyond the cotton terry and pad should feel dry after applying to a complete vehicle. Unless you are doing a Full-size SUV x 3 will you use 1/4 oz.

Do not be intimated. This is the easiest product in the world to use. Just work it into and on to the finish. After you complete a panel or two you will see.

Enjoy, relax and have fun. :D

gizzsdad
08-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the helpful replies guys! Hopefully I`ll get a decent day when I`ve got some time soon!

Mike

noego
08-20-2007, 09:22 AM
I did my full size extended cab truck and was amazed at how little CS I used! A 1/4 oz or perhaps a little more...but not much more.

kompressornsc
08-20-2007, 09:27 AM
I`ve noticed something with CS. Even when I put it on thin, dries clear, etc., if I am in a dusty area the next day, I can see the swipes in the dust. And I`m talking very light dust like from a gravel road. You can`t see them at all until the dust settles on / in them. After 1 rain or a wash, it doens`t happen, but that first time it does. Anyone else had this observation?