PDA

View Full Version : Anyone touched up White Mercedes Paint?

sdat1333
08-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Hey,

My dad`s birthday is coming up, and as a present I`d like to get his 01 C240 looking as good as possible.

It`s white, and I`m not sure if its regular or pearl yet. He has several rock chips, and a noticeable scrape on the front bumper which goes down to plastic/primer. Anyways, I know colors like silver metallic are hard to match, but how about white?

Lou K
08-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey,

My dad`s birthday is coming up, and as a present I`d like to get his 01 C240 looking as good as possible.

It`s white, and I`m not sure if its regular or pearl yet. He has several rock chips, and a noticeable scrape on the front bumper which goes down to plastic/primer.

Anyways, I know colors like silver metallic are hard to match, but how about white?

First the color is regular white and not pearl. White is as hard to match as any other color. I have owned a couple of Mercedes in white the most recent an E55 in Alabaster white. The closest match that I have been able to get is with paint from Paint Scratch, PaintScratch Touch-Up Paint (rs), Spray Cans, Spray Paint, Paint Pens, Car Paint, Automotive Paint (http://www.paintscratch.com). The bumper probably will not benefit from a touch up ,if it is down to the black material. The only benefit that you will get is that at least it will be the same color.