PDA

View Full Version : scuffed side panel. how to fix?

ipaqman2005
08-16-2007, 11:17 PM
hey all,

so i was driving out of my garage today and wasn`t paying attention and scuffed the right panel of my car (dark blue). it was a minor scuff and i tried to get it out using poorboys ssr 2.5 with my porter cable and now the scuff is almost unnoticeable but you can still see it when looking up close. anything i can use that would get this out? i am scared of going through the clear cote but would like to know if there is anything that would work.

please let me know.

thanks,

ipaqman

DaGonz
08-16-2007, 11:38 PM
I`m not familiar with Poorboy`s polishjes, but you could go with a less aggresive polish and finish off the area to remove any marring the PB`s SSR left behind.

A close family friend did the same thing with her brand new Grand Prix ( also dark blue) with less than 500 miles on the odometer. She caught the garage door jamb at the passenger side rear wheel well, and thought that she ruined her car. It was mostly paint transfer.

I pulled out my trusted PC and used Meg`s #83 DACP with a Meg`s maroon foam pad, stepped down to #80 speed glaze with a Meg`s polishing pad, followed with #3 machine glaze, and finished off with #21 synthetic sealent by hand. I also removed the dealer decal for her. The car came out mint!

ipaqman2005
08-17-2007, 12:32 AM
would quixx scratch remover work? what about the menzerna products would they be any better or would it do the same thing that the poorboys ssr`s do?

anthony914
08-17-2007, 01:00 AM
wet sanding maybe?

ipaqman2005
08-17-2007, 02:29 AM
how do you do that?