PDA

View Full Version : freshening up interios

tooklean
06-14-2005, 12:06 PM
what is the best way to freshin up classic car interiors without shampooing them ? I was thinking about using a steam cleaner. what do you guys think about this? Please let me know.

The Fuzz
06-14-2005, 12:19 PM
You should try reposting this with proper punctuation (or any punctuation for that matter) so that people can understand what you are asking. I know you want help `asap`, but nobody is in so big of a hurry that they can`t stop to use a comma or a period once in awhile.

JaredPointer
06-14-2005, 12:27 PM
What do you mean by freshening up? Just a quick vaccum and a wipedown could be considered freshening up. Are the cars already going to be cleaned before you work on the interior? :dunno

tooklean
06-14-2005, 12:38 PM
These are classic hot rods that are pretty clean. The shop manager would like to keep them looking good. He asked me to freshin the interiors but was not specific.

Jngrbrdman
06-14-2005, 12:44 PM
I would just dust them down and condition the leather and vinyl. Not much else "freshen up" really implies for me. If they are showroom fresh, then there really probably isn`t a need to do any stain removal. Maybe grab a bottle of Prestone foaming carpet cleaner just so you can get the stripes in the carpet, but that`s about all the work I`d do down there. I would just stick with basic dusting and surface treatment unless directed otherwise.

GregCavi
06-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Vaccum them. Wipe them down. And then see if you can get your hands on a car scent. If you order from www.poorboysworld.com and spend over a curtain amount you can get a sample of some car scents. I guess that would be my idea of freshening up? Just ask the shop owner what he means by freshening up. Im sure he will be cooperative.

Greg

tooklean
06-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Here is what my wife did. Wiped down the car with a microfiber towel and quick detailing spray. dusted & wiped the interior. Used carpet cleaning foam from turtle wax cleaned windows inside out wiped/ cleaned crome. She spent about 3 hours. What is the going rate for something like this? I was thinking between 50.00-65.00 dollars?

Jngrbrdman
06-14-2005, 03:16 PM
3 hours to just freshen up a car? How long does it take for a full detail? 3 hours is a $120 job for me. Its way too much time to take for only 50 bucks. For a freshen up job it should have only taken 45 minutes. I charge $35 for a basic inside vacuum/dash/leather/glass job.

Larry A
06-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Freshining up interiors to me means brushing carpets and fabric then vacuuming , wiping down all hard surfaces with a damp then a dry cloth, and spot cleaning where necessary.

Secret Chimp
06-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Unless the carpets are stained, there is no need to shampoo or steam them.

...$60 for a 3 hour interior cleaning? If you don`t mind working for $20 an hour, before paying for your cleaning chemicals and gasoline, go for it. I certainly wouldn`t get out of bed for $20 an hour though.