PDA

View Full Version : How often do you wash your drying towels?

kkreit01
08-16-2007, 01:21 PM
I`ve used the Absorber for years. I`m thinking of trying MF or WW for drying, but I was wondering how often you wash them? After every use? When they are visibly dirty? With the Absorber, I simply rinse and put back in the tube damp. How do you care for your drying towels?

I have many MF I use for other chores, but I have never tried them for drying.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-16-2007, 01:29 PM
After every use.. no exceptions

ANY little particle of contaminant trapped in the MF/WW can cause paint damage

mikebai1990
08-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Uh-oh, I should probably do that.. I generally wash after 3-4 uses.. and I do ONR washes. I guess I should start washing every time.

Ern
08-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Ya I wash after use too but I just wait until I get enough to do a load.

BigAl3
08-16-2007, 02:05 PM
why do a wash every week (waste water), when you can buy a few more drying towels and wait till you have enough to do a small load? i wait till i have enough to do a small wash load, so i use 2-3 drying towels (1 a week) and also throw in the mf`s to the wash that get used as well...

cshorey
08-16-2007, 02:05 PM
I am fairly new, but based off reading here and feedback to some of my questions, I decided to invent a little extra and get about a few sets of the towels I use so I always have a clean one, but won`t have to do all these tiny washes for just a few towels.

I have a dedicated plastic tub with a lid that seals, so that I collect all my dirty towels to keep them away from getting contaminated and when it fills up I just wash them all.

chris

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-16-2007, 02:26 PM
why do a wash every week (waste water), when you can buy a few more drying towels and wait till you have enough to do a small load? i wait till i have enough to do a small wash load, so i use 2-3 drying towels (1 a week) and also throw in the mf`s to the wash that get used as well...

By no means was I implying I wash immediately after each use, I also wait until i have enough for a good sized load!:2thumbs:

BlackElantraGT
08-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Can you ever have enough drying towels? :)

Like others, I use mine once and then wait to have a small enough load to do a wash. I had a plastic trash bin that was no longer in use (the kind where you step on it and it opens) so I use that as my hamper now. So far I`ve only had a problem with mold once because I let it go for about 3 weeks but it all washed off.

VTechFan02
08-16-2007, 02:58 PM
I have been washing mine after each use, though, I do not use laundry detergent every time. I only use it every other time or so because it tends to build up in the towel overtime.

-Frank

Evenflow
08-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Mine get washed after every use. I always have a bin labeled "Dirty Microfibers" lying around.

However, I use my Wheel Schmitt more than once. It seems to "rinse" clean better than my drying towels.

pt91
08-16-2007, 06:06 PM
i wash all MFs and mitts after every wash. can`t be too careful with black paint.

imported_GregCavi
08-16-2007, 06:27 PM
I wash all of my towels after any use they see.

Greg

ben_r_
08-16-2007, 06:33 PM
I use the Megs Water Magnets and I have Three that I use to dry the whole car once a week and after every use they are washed in cold water with liquid Tide for Cold Water.