PDA

View Full Version : Why I believe Zaino layers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Todd@RUPES
08-16-2007, 10:36 AM
I know there is discussion on this, and I have always been on the fence. But, I have a customer with a 360 CS that is Silver. Silver is the toughest car to get to reflect, IMO.

Over the last year, the car probably has gotten about 10-15 coats of Zaino (it was previously detailed by a Zaino guy as well).

I have never seen Silver with reflections so deep...

Look at the side of the car, it is so deep and reflective, and it definitly did not have this depth when I first started with this car.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x121/tropicaldetailing/ferraris/lkj002.jpg

gmblack3
08-16-2007, 10:57 AM
I know thats right! :)

topnotchtouch
08-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Not trying to be argumentative here but that side of the car is in the shade, perfect conditions for that kind of reflection. If that side of the car had been in full sun there would be no question about your statement. I am not disagreeing with you, I just don`t think that picture supports your argument.

Keep in mind that lighting is key, with the right lighting you can make a filthy car shine like it was just detailed :D

danforz
08-16-2007, 12:06 PM
http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/After_3x_ZCS.jpg

Quit a few layers on this and its silver too :)

That Ferrari looks amazing!!:kewlpics

Todd@RUPES
08-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Not trying to be argumentative here but that side of the car is in the shade, perfect conditions for that kind of reflection. If that side of the car had been in full sun there would be no question about your statement. I am not disagreeing with you, I just don`t think that picture supports your argument.

Keep in mind that lighting is key, with the right lighting you can make a filthy car shine like it was just detailed :D

Your not being argumentative, and I agree that the lighting is ideal for that type of reflection. Infact, you cannot get silver flake to reflect in direct sun because it washes out everything. I still feel that the reflection on the Challange Stradale is very impressive for silver.

I am a skeptic at heart (ask Sal Zaino, whom I have discussed this with many times, always taking the side of non layering products) but I have noticably seen an improvement over time with this Ferrari, and it now has DEEP reflections...

BlueZero
08-16-2007, 01:09 PM
There must be a lab some where with the equipment to measure the layering, if it does layer. Just thinking out loud.

wannafbody
08-16-2007, 09:33 PM
From my experience I believe that Zaino layers as well. I`m not sure how stable 200 layers would be tho. I read a post where somone layered CS every day for 20 days. On day 21 he couldn`t get it to dry properly.

mgm2003
08-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Zaino on Silver = :xyxthumbs

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mgm121499/06%20STS%20Engine/Keep5.jpg

imported_rydawg
08-17-2007, 12:13 AM
I too was a skeptic on layering Zaino, but however it does work and I am true believer. After seeing customers cars of mine with previous multiple coats of Zaino, I was a big believer. I remember that Monaco blue BMW that I had done and when he had dropped it off at my house it was so deep, wet, and super thick gloss. The slickness and repellency that it had was beyond superb and nothing stuck to it at all and the beading was beyond crazy. Any non autopian would have just washed it and said they detailed it. It was that good and he said he had lots of layers on. The reflection was insane!!!! He said he wanted the scratches out so he could do more layers again to have it back to where it was. I sure was glad knowing I top all my hard prep work with Zaino and I now have a ton of reassurance.

Todd, I remember when you were a skeptic and you also called me on the phone that day to ask me about Zaino and that was how we became good friends. I know some will not believe how great Zaino is with layering, but just remember your customers love your work, give you tons of repeat business, and you are also are the biggest exotic detail guy on this site and this is your best year ever.

phamkl
08-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Also thinking in text, I wonder if it`s possible to suspend an inert dye in the sealants. That way, if colors begin to darken and blend, as opposed to just blending or just taking on the color of the top most coat, there`d be proof of layering. This wouldn`t work though, I guess, if the layers of build up is less thick than a wave length of visible light.

Todd@RUPES
08-17-2007, 04:43 AM
Also thinking in text, I wonder if it`s possible to suspend an inert dye in the sealants. That way, if colors begin to darken and blend, as opposed to just blending or just taking on the color of the top most coat, there`d be proof of layering. This wouldn`t work though, I guess, if the layers of build up is less thick than a wave length of visible light.

phamkl=bigger brain than I....

imported_Steelth
08-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Zaino does seem to layer actually. Just wish it had some sort of UV protectant or something.

wannafbody
08-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Zaino does seem to layer actually. Just wish it had some sort of UV protectant or something.

What in the world makes you think it doesn`t have UV protection? It says so on the bottle. I suggest giving Sal a call.

imported_memnuts
08-17-2007, 08:29 AM
From Zaino Website

Our research and development in advanced molecular-chemistry has resulted in Show Car Polishâ„¢ products that offer the wettest-looking, clearest, deepest, and longest lasting finish in the industry. Best of all, Zaino Show Car Polishâ„¢ creates an award-winning finish without the use of abrasives or harmful silicones. Plus, because we want your car to look its best for many years to come, our Show Car Polishâ„¢ products include the most powerful sun-block available in a paint protection system:UV-40 Our polish is literally sunscreen for your car.

imported_Steelth
08-17-2007, 11:27 AM
What in the world makes you think it doesn`t have UV protection? It says so on the bottle. I suggest giving Sal a call.

A chemist friend that ran a test on it. Atleast only the Z2 Pro. He has the exact chemical breakdown of Z2 Pro there is no UV protection in it. Believe what you want though I am not here to convince.