PDA

View Full Version : Quik Detailer incompatible with EX?

WelshDog
06-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Just finished work on our 2000 Outback. Here`s what I did:

Speed Clay
SSR 2.5
PB Polish w/wax
EX

(Thanks to Steve at PB for helping me choose products.)

Everything looked great. Days later I used some Meg`s Quik Detailer (maroon bottle) to clean some stuff off the hood and front fenders. Looked fine when I finished. Came back about 10 minutes later and whoa! Something obviously reacted, every little defect in the paint (of which there are many) has now been highlighted in white. Almost looks like lint (on the dark green hood) until you touch it and then you see it is in the clear coat.

So I won`t be using that product with PB any longer. The question now is how do I get these "marks" or "artifacts" off my car now? More EX or Polish then EX? Or....?

Thanks

Poorboy
06-13-2005, 09:32 PM
just wash the car and you can put on another coat of EX and it will be fine:)

CARTfan
06-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Dang! I have a whole gallon of that stuff left that I was planning to use with pretty much the same setup. :(

JaredPointer
06-14-2005, 07:19 AM
The Meg`s Quik Detailer has some wax in it (from what I can gather). Sounds like it has gotten into the chips and dried white.

WelshDog
06-14-2005, 08:59 AM
The Meg`s Quik Detailer has some wax in it (from what I can gather). Sounds like it has gotten into the chips and dried white.

That sounds right.

So I know this is most likely covered elsewhere, but what is a good detail spray for my product mix? PB S&G maybe?

JaredPointer
06-14-2005, 09:47 AM
That sounds right.

So I know this is most likely covered elsewhere, but what is a good detail spray for my product mix? PB S&G maybe?
Well, it sound slike you have the Poorboy`s cake.....why not top it off with Poorboy`s icing? :lol :rofl

WelshDog
06-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Mmmmuuhhmmmmmmuuhhmmm icing.

Duh oh!! I got icing on my car!

Yeah I guess that`s what I`ll do. Keepin` it simple.