PDA

View Full Version : Help with choosing products (QD, glass, tires, interior)

CleanNShiny
08-14-2007, 03:24 PM
:wavey Hi, I`m trying to decide on some products for mainly glass, tires, and leather. After searching I found that Duragloss is very popular. I use Z-2 Pro and Z-5 Pro but, today I picked up some FC&S and 901 to try. I am now looking for other products and need some recommendations.

Questions

Exterior

(1) Are FC&S and AW the same as Z-6 and Z-8 respectively? All of this will be used on top of an combination of Z-2 Pro and Z-5 Pro. Is the AW ok to use on top of the Zaino?

(2) Glass Cleaner: I want something that will clean glass and get rid of water spots. (Z-12, DG 755 & 751 ?)

(3) Tires: I want something that will give a nice clean black look, but nothing really shiny and high gloss. Suggestions?

Interior

(4)Leather: I am looking for a good conditioner. (Z-10, DG221, others?)

:thx

CleanNShiny
08-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Anyone? :nixweiss

Setec Astronomy
08-15-2007, 07:53 AM
I`m not really sure what you are asking? Are you looking for recommendations within the Zaino and Duragloss lines, or are you soliciting opinions outside of those lines (if so, you could get answers across a huge spectrum).

Some people consider the Zaino and DG lines to be very comparable and similar in many ways, with some giving the technical edge to Zaino, while perhaps bang for the buck to DG by a wide margin.

I`ll try to answer a few of your questions. Yes, I guess FC&S and AW are philosphically the same type of products as Z-6 and Z-8. Sure, you can use AW on Zaino, I`m not sure if there will be any bonding problems if you want to relayer the Z...perhaps a Z-7 wash and Z-6 wipedown would be all that would be required.

On the glass cleaners, I didn`t look up the DG products, but I know they have some acid-based water spot removers, which are quite different from the Z-12 which is largely an abrasive glass cleaner.

Tires...the Z-16 tire dressing is a lower gloss dressing, that seems to be quite durable, although DG has at least a couple of tire dressings that also are said to be very good.

CleanNShiny
08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Sorry if I was unclear. Any brand is fine. I was just trying to show that I did do some searching for products, but didn`t know which was best. Thanks for the tips

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Here`s what I am using right now

QD = FK425

glass = Stoners Invisible Glass

tires (Clean) = Amazing Roll Off

tires (dress) = Personal or high end customers or on request = 303, regular = Stoners more shine

Interior = 303

CleanNShiny
08-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Motorcity,

Have you found that IG gets rid of water spots on glass?

I assume by your comment that you prefer 303 on tires, but it isn`t cost effective?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Motorcity,

Have you found that IG gets rid of water spots on glass?

I assume by your comment that you prefer 303 on tires, but it isn`t cost effective?

Really depends on the severity of the waterspots. A spinkler went off near my car the other day when parked at a store, Stoners got those out after being baked in hot weather for over 2 hours - pretty sure it was well water.

Severe waterspots = nope.. good ole` vinegar may work or you may have to polish them out.

Yes, you are correct, 303 is cost prohibitive for everyday use.. But don`t get mislead, Stoners more shine is no slouch!!!

CleanNShiny
08-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks it looks like I`ll be going to pick up some IG and More Shine

AL-53
08-15-2007, 08:49 AM
As far as the DG products...I use the 755 for glass to remove water spots and polishing it to a nice finish..works very good....IG does not remove hard water spots.....

I am a big user of the FC&S..but now I have using the Marine detailer....much better in my opinion....has a good cleaner and leaves the paint very slick and glossy....#521...I like it better than the 425..it last longer slickness wise and gives a nicer gloss...425 is not a bad product by any means...but to me the 521 out does it...

for tires I use the Duragloss TMD (Tire & Mat Dressing) #253...it does last thru rains and not wash off as much as others...and is a matte look..like a new tire look...

The DG Rain repel is a good product..but if you use the glass polish..then just use AW or the Marine detailer on the glass..they repel water great...

Use AW monthly and the QD either FC&S or the Marine Detailer after a wash and you will be fine..do the door jams also with FC&S or Marine detailer....they come out nice ...

AL

CleanNShiny
08-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Any leather cleaner/conditioner ideas?

And thanks to everybody who responded. With so many products it can get confusing.