PDA

View Full Version : Should I keep my new ATV?

GlossyTundra
08-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Yall remember the ATV I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Well, skip down to this week. I bought my atv to ride with some friends. Well, they bought some as well. I find out that both of them (brothers) are selling theirs b/c they have to buy cars. Now that`s all fine and dandy, I understand that, but they should have thought about that before they went and bought one.

Now I am stuck with a $6000 atv that I could either sell, or keep just to ride on my farm. I bought the thing to ride with friends and to go on atv trips, not to ride on my farm. I dont want to sell the thing, but I dont want to have that much money just sitting in the garage for myself.

What would yall do?

SubyDude
08-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Find other friends to ride with. Check for local ATV get togethers. Maybe a forum. If you can afford to keep it, do it and have fun with it.

SubyDude
08-14-2007, 11:36 AM
check this: AtvNC - Home (http://www.atvnc.com/)

might find some fun rides to go on.

GlossyTundra
08-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I am a member over there. It`s just around here, if you arent already a part of a riding group, it`s tought fitting in. People around here are pissers.

ZoranC
08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
People around here are pissers.

That`s the case everywhere. If you like something you do your own thing. I bought my MR2 to enjoy driving it, not as a way to socialize. I go for drive alone. I socialize separately from that.

azenthusiast
08-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Keep it. That`s a mean bike you have there. Just because the others are selling it and didn`t plan ahead doesn`t mean you should suffer. Try harder with the atv clubs. I guarantee you can find a group that will be willing to take you in. Just acknowledge that you the noob and don`t act arrogant and they will be willing to take you along again.

Way2SSlow
08-15-2007, 06:53 AM
I`d keep it. They`re pretty useful around farms. My uncle used to have a couple he would use on my grandparents campground. I realize you didnt get one that`s really made for working, but it might still be pretty useful. You could always save up a little cash and get an older used one and then you could have people ride with you on the farm. Just my .02. Those things depreciate pretty quickly, so if you do get rid of it, I`d expect to take a loss.

kkreit01
08-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Keep it. Ride alone. Peaceful. I grew up riding ATVs (alone) on a farm. Or, you could sell it, and buy a cheaper, workhorse version?

qballjr13
08-15-2007, 08:09 PM
I would say keep it. I know you bought it because you and your gf decided to call it quits. So joint he forums, go for rides...maybe there is a cutie out there that likes to ride as much as you do. Use that sexy machine to your advantage!

GlossyTundra
08-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I may end up keeping it. I figure if someone will offer me close to what I payed for it, then it`s gone. Other than that, I will keep it. Or if I ever need to sell it due to something else I need, I can just sell it right?

azenthusiast
08-15-2007, 11:55 PM
...maybe there is a cutie out there that likes to ride as much as you do. Use that sexy machine to your advantage!

Move to AZ or SoCal with that truck or quad and I guarantee there is.

Corey Bit Spank
08-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Sell ATV. Buy bicycle. Pretend you`re flying.

win.

azenthusiast
08-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Sell ATV. Buy bicycle. Pretend you`re flying.

win.

LOL. Remember when you were a kid and you used to stick an index card in the spokes of your bike to make it sound like a motorcycle? Yeah. That`s like taking a step backwards to replace a quad with a bike.

JaCkaL829
08-20-2007, 01:38 PM
It depends on how much you enjoy riding? If you bought it because you got `ropped` into with other friends, and wanted it just to pass the time with your friends then I`d say sell it. If you really enjoy riding it, regardless of the company then I`d keep it.

Same thing happened with my friend and his motorcycle. He was the first to get one; and about 2-3 of my friends got em right after he got his. They use to ride all the time for 1 `season` then they all got bored, needed money or didn`t use em and all sold em. My friend lost all his riding pals, but he loves to ride and still goes out enough to keep it, even if it`s solo.