PDA

View Full Version : What to do Inbetween Wash`s? Dust?

Pages : [1] 2

Proballer25
08-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Sup guys i love to keep my truck super clean and i find myself going for the bottle of spray and gloss just about everyday to get all the road dust off my paint. Iv come to the conclusion that this is whats making the swirls come back within 2 months of polishing. Now what are some thing`s i can do to take off the road dust without maring or scratching my surface? I tend to use alot of spray and gloss by poorboys so i make sure im not rubbing dirt into my paint and i switch microfiber towels alot while im doing it. Any other tips on keeping my truck clean inbetween wash`s? thanks.

Bigpoppa3346
08-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Nothing...I`d say most Autopians don`t use QD in between washes.

Wash it, drive it, when it gets dirty...wash it again. I never understood the whole QD thing.

imported_FMINUS
08-13-2007, 08:19 PM
I use:

ONE

CG Synthetic QD

FK 425

imported_smprince1
08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
I use PB`s Spray and Wash if it`s only road dust. I feel it does a better job of lifting and suspending dirt than most QD`s. Also, remember it`s Spray and WIPE, not Spray and SCRUB. Then, follow with Spray and Gloss or some other gloss enhancer if you like.

BigJimZ28
08-13-2007, 08:40 PM
lots of threads on this

here is one from this week:

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/95200-dust-car.html?highlight=dust

danforz
08-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Nothing...I`d say most Autopians don`t use QD in between washes.

Wash it, drive it, when it gets dirty...wash it again. I never understood the whole QD thing.

Agreed. I will however use QD in case of random events such as QD or if some idiot spills his ice cream on my car (sadly the idiot was me... )

stiffdogg06
08-13-2007, 10:16 PM
I use AW after I wash it to give it some extra slickness and wetness. Other than that I will let the car get dirty and just wait to wash it again.

99blackSE
08-13-2007, 10:20 PM
If I can blow most of the dust off by lung power then usually I will just use a QD, Poorboys S&G or ONR QD to touch up. Other than that, if the car has been outside for 2-3 days and the dew has dried on it over that time period, then it is time for a wash, then QD after.

ZoranC
08-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Definitely give a try to CG`s ONE. Also take a look at ONR.

imported_MCA
08-13-2007, 11:22 PM
I also fall in the general category of "no QD if the car is dirty"...However, I will use a QD (generous amount) to remove/neutralize bird bombs. I rather risk minor marring than deal with a more permanent bird bomb etching.

ZoranC
08-14-2007, 12:07 AM
I will however use QD in case of random events such as ... if some idiot spills his ice cream on my car (sadly the idiot was me... )

You didn`t need a QD for that. That will lick right off.

danforz
08-14-2007, 12:11 AM
You didn`t need a QD for that. That will lick right off.

Though I take it your just joking around, to be honest the ice cream turned REALLY tacky and sticky. I needed a lot of water to get it off. Go figure.

imported_Lightman
08-14-2007, 12:27 AM
I just wait till it gets dirty and wash it again..

ZoranC
08-14-2007, 01:39 AM
Though I take it your just joking around, to be honest the ice cream turned REALLY tacky and sticky. I needed a lot of water to get it off. Go figure.

On the serious note, yes they do. Anything that has sweeteners, etc will. I managed to spill cup of iced tea while I was sitting in the restaurant. Talk about sticky :( My gf was handling it well even though she was not happy, I can not blame her, and I was very apolegetic :bolt

Accumulator
08-14-2007, 12:47 PM
I`m pleasantly surprised to see that so many people just let `em get/stay dirty until the next wash :D