PDA

View Full Version : Black Hummer H2 Detailing Regime...

Struck in AZ
08-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Was going to try the following for detailing my black H2...it`s been six months since the last major `detail` that used the following:

Wash with Meg`s GC using a foam gun

Clayed

Menzerna IP w/ yellow pad for badly swirled areas

Menzerna FP2 w/ white pad

Klasse AIO w/ white pad

Klasse SG x3 by hand

Pinnacle SV

What I`m looking at is the following and would appreciate any feedback on products, etc.

Wash with Meg`s GC, DP Xtreme Foam or DG #901 with a foam gun (depends on mood which soap I grab but I figure that`s not too important).

Clay with Meg`s QD or an ONR mix

Menzerna IP w/ yellow pad for badly swirled areas (minimal swirling at this point)

Menzerna FP2 or 106FF (since I just got some) w/ white pad

DG 105 or 111 (I`ve got 111 now and can get some 105 pretty easily - I`ve heard good things about DG and want to try it instead of the Klasse twins)

I was also thinking about either DG AW or Collinite 845 or possibly topping the 105/111 with Pinnacle Souveran although I wasn`t sure how well a true `nuba would work over the DG.

I`ve also got the full Polycharger kit so I can polycharge any of the above items...

Any hints, tips, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Struck in AZ
08-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Anyone...Bueller, Bueller?

gmblack3
08-16-2007, 12:48 PM
I think the yellow pad is to rough to use with a PC. To much of a chance for micromarring.

Struck in AZ
08-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Much appreciated man...maybe I`ll step-down the pad a notch or two.

Anyone have any comments on the combination of products I`m looking at and whether I should PolyCharge them or not?

Thanks again in advance,

Dan

Bigpoppa3346
08-19-2007, 07:55 PM
I think the yellow pad is fine with the IP as long as you follow it with the FPII or 106FF on a milder pad.

I wouldn`t bother with the Polycharger, the DG products are supposed to be pretty durable anyways.

Struck in AZ
08-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks fellas...maybe I`ll stick with the yellow pad for the MIP and move to a white pad for the 106FF. And I`ll pass on the PolyCharger for the DG products.

What do you guys think of topping the 105 with Pinnacle Souveran and then using liquid spray Souveran as opposed to using the DG AW? Or what about using the DG AW and then topping with Souveran?