PDA

View Full Version : Such a sad day

bwalker25
08-13-2007, 12:37 PM
I was just finishing up polishing my wifes car, was really working the front bumper hard with the HT-357 (Heavy Cut) and a yellow pad. and then it happened...my 2 yr old daughter poked me in the sides, the buffer was still on, and the worst thing happened

The buffer turned sideways and put a 4 inch scratch in her car. Its all the way to the metal. At least its not a customers car.....

I dont have a picture yet...

imported_smprince1
08-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your mishap ... but rest assured it has or will happen to everybody at one time or another. The sick-to-your-stomach feeling will pass...as least it always does for me.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-13-2007, 12:51 PM
For a minute my heart sank.. I thought you were going to say something happened to your daughter... WHEW!!!

Glad that wasn`t what happened..

Even so, sorry to hear about the ride but think of the possibilities!!!

BlueZero
08-13-2007, 01:06 PM
For a minute my heart sank.. I thought you were going to say something happened to your daughter... WHEW!!!

Glad that wasn`t what happened..

Even so, sorry to hear about the ride but think of the possibilities!!!

I thought you were going to say some thing about her too. When you look at it that way, the damaged paint doesn`t seem so bad.

bwalker25
08-13-2007, 01:07 PM
my wife thats what happens when you practice on my car, you always mess it up some how. I guess she forgets that I have to correct the swirls and everything after she lets her grandpa have the car to service it. damn it man leave my cars alone!! I am tired of fixing someone else` mistakes. But I did get my silver 01 focus finished up and glazed over this weekend

good news is it wasn`t my daughter, and really good news is it didn`t happen to a customers car.

bad news is if I file insurance to get it fixed it will make my rates go up.

bwalker25
08-13-2007, 01:10 PM
I am very thankful nothing happened to the apple of my eye!

mikebai1990
08-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Yea, whew.. I also thought something happened to your daughter..

BlueZero
08-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Might be worth not mentioning it to your insurance company. Just pay to have it fixed yourself. I would think you would come out better in the long run.

I hate insurance, can`t afford not to have it and can`t afford to use it.

coupe
08-13-2007, 02:04 PM
When im in the "buffer zone" it takes the hand of god to phase me. Im in a whole different dimension :lol

absoluteczech
08-13-2007, 04:16 PM
sorry im a newb, but what caused the sratch the pad cause of the angle or the PC hitting the car?

74 thing
08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Just tell your insurance company that you came out to your car and some keyed it or scratched it. Should fall under your comprehensive coverage and all you will have to pay is your deductible. Shouldn`t effect your rates either unless you have lots of claims.

bwalker25
08-13-2007, 05:46 PM
the backing plate went in at an angle to the paint and that is what caused the evil scratch...