PDA

View Full Version : newbie

shs2150
08-13-2007, 02:03 AM
Ok I want to start detailing some cars in my spare time, but i`m not sure how I should go about it. I`m 16 and I thought about sending some flyers out in my neighborhood and listing some services and maybe starting prices. One of my concerns is that people won`t want to bring their cars to my house. I know people go mobile, but I can`t afford all of that gear. Would it be too much to list on the, flyer that I will come to their house and do the work if they supply me with a water source and electric.? Also, how should I go about creating detail "packages"? Like should I offer a basic wash and vaccum with minor dash and interior wipe downs, and also a full detail with everything including wax? Keep in mind I would also have to do the stuff by hand as I don`t have a DA polisher. I don`t know how hard it would be to use one, but I`d be willing to learn. Sorry If I keep going on and on, I just want to start something up and do it the right way. Thanks!

shs2150
08-13-2007, 01:33 PM
anybody have anything?

kleraudio
08-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I got most of my first clients through craigslist. Most people on craigs list are "bargain hunters" so you will be scaring off alot of people with your prices, but some people will use your services and if you do a good job you will get referrals, and from there you will start to build a little clientele. Hope that helps, seemed much more effective than flyers for me anyways.

Jim