PDA

View Full Version : Protection, Protection, Protection

absoluteczech
08-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Another question :help: :D

I just recenetly got a front lip/spoiler painted and installed on my car and was wondering is there anything that will lessen the chances of it getting rock chips or it will just eventually happen? is there a wax that has more protection then others or is it just so thin that it wont make a difference?

Old Pirate
08-12-2007, 04:45 PM
I had one painted last yr and the paint shop coated many times (clear) and its holding up very well, so far no chips not at. I put so many coats of sealant on it too. I would be careful of dips and bumper blocks and any thing else you see on the road. My wife use my Mazda a few times and she forgot to not pull all the way in a parking spot and push the spoiler in a few inch`s, but it didn`t have any chip or scratches on it. You might see if you can get maybe something like a clear bra type for your spoiler or be very careful with it.

BlackElantraGT
08-12-2007, 04:51 PM
I don`t think any wax would make a difference because like you said, the layer of protection is so thin. Wax/sealants are meant to protect your car from the elements. Otherwise we`d see all these wax companies market their product as rock-chip resistant. :D

NavindraLR
08-12-2007, 05:03 PM
3m clear bra film would be your best bet

absoluteczech
08-12-2007, 05:05 PM
what i figured lol :) ok thanks guys ill look into a clear bra as well

Old Pirate
08-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks NavindraLR, your took the words out of my mouth. I was trying for 20 mins thinking of what is was call. (3M clear bra film). This happens when one starting to get old.:thx

protojason
08-19-2007, 09:37 PM
On a side note,

Once one were to have a clear bra installed, do you have to care for it diffrently from the rest of the surface/paint of your car? Ie, waxes/sealants/claying...all ok?

-jason

SuperBee364
08-19-2007, 10:40 PM
3m clear bra film would be your best bet

I love mine. It was a total PITA to install, but it was well worth the effort.

imported_FMINUS
08-20-2007, 01:17 AM
clear bras are the only way, no wax or sealant can stop a flying rock

Macruz19
08-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Clear bra is the best option for any car. Can`t drive a brand new car without one!