PDA

View Full Version : megs QD or mothers QD

Pages : [1] 2

White lexus 23
08-12-2007, 01:37 AM
hey all. i was wondering what Quick detail spray you guys liked better. I think i like the mothers califorina gold spray a bit better than the megs. When its hot out the megs seems to dry to fast and smears and dosnt wipe off as good as the mothers, but is there any pros or cons to either that i might not know about. let me know what you guys think.

RobD
08-12-2007, 07:53 AM
I always liked Showtime. It`s my favorite OTC QD... it works well on trim, glass and paint. It can be used over almost any LSP and leaves a very nice, glossy finish. It removes light debris/polish residue pretty well, too.

Obviously, it won`t last as long as the newer spray sealants, however, those products aren`t intended for light debris, so I guess that`s not a big negative.

Showtime doesn`t have any real negatives, IMO. Can`t comment on Meguiar`s QDs, I don`t use them.

Bunky
08-12-2007, 08:27 AM
I now have both but I have only used Showtime for a short time. So far, I can say that the Meg QD had a better sprayer (finer more uniform pattern) but Showtime left a noticeably slicker surface that you could easily detect when buffing it off. Showtime smells like cinnamon.

I use a QD primarily to remove water spots, bugs, etc in between washings but I have not had a good chance to compare their cleaning properties. I had no complaints with Meg`s QD in that regard.

imported_MCA
08-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I have tried both Meg`s Mist and Wipe as well Mother`s Showtime - I have a slight leaning toward Mother`s. The slickness and paint appearance is a tad better with Mother`s. I only QD after a wash so i can`t really comment on cleaning ability other than both are good at removing dry water spots. However as previously mentioned, the Meg`s bottle/sprayer is a keeper - nice even "circle" spray.

RobD
08-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I`m surprised at reading over the years how many people like Meguiar`s fine mist sprayers. IMO, they produce way too fine a spray. The breeze carries a third of the product away - usually ending up in your face, down the street, or on an area of the car not wanted.

I know placing the sprayer nozzle closer to the car helps avoid the over-spray, but the coverage is poor... opposite the purpose of a fine spray. My $.02

Big Leegr
08-13-2007, 09:43 AM
I prefer Showtime. Quik Detailer is good too, but in terms of the overall package, I prefer Showtime.

felthove
08-13-2007, 09:53 AM
This is a hijack but...If you want OTC QD head to Carquest and get some Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine and you will like it better than either Megs or Mothers, IMO. A member on this board was kind enough to ship me some to try and I`m sold.

EclassBenz
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
i got a bottle of mothers showtime in the clay package and i really liked it

bewilliams14
08-13-2007, 10:49 AM
I have never tried the Meg`s QD but I have nothing but good things to say about Mother`s Showtime QD. Leaves a nice slick surface

Macruz19
08-13-2007, 10:54 AM
I`ve used both in the past, but I always have Megs QD in hand when I need it. The showtime QD was for when I clayed my car.

Alfisti
08-13-2007, 11:17 AM
I would`ve done the opposite...Megs for claying and Showtime for its looks and slickness.

I agree about the pro and cons of the Megs spray-head. Best sprayer for still weather, but a dog when its windy.

As far as what`s in the bottle, Showtime hands down. Better, than Megs QD, Last Touch, and Final Inspection. I believe UQD is very good too. Also, keep an eye out for TW Platinum detailer...one of the best.

That`s all I use on my Alfa in my Avatar...oh, alright...it hasn`t been released yet, and yes, I`m dreaming...but, hey, dreaming`s free! :clap:

RitcheyRch
12-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Mothers Showtime here but thinking about trying something new.

99MustangGTVert
12-04-2007, 12:54 AM
As far as OTC goes, I know everyone hates them, but TW Platinum detailer is great stuff. So is the wheel cleaner and tire dressing.

Alfisti
12-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Read my post above. :)

BigAl3
12-04-2007, 02:10 AM
As far as OTC goes, I know everyone hates them,

not everyone, there are some excellent OTC products that rival boutique...