PDA

View Full Version : First use with PC and trying to clean up a hood

NDJ
08-11-2007, 02:34 PM
My wife`s car has some pretty significant marring, swirls, and light scratches. I`ve used IP with a PC and a 5.5" LC Orange CCS pad. I`m very pleased with the results as far as the marring and the swirls are concerned.

However the scratches don`t appear to be diminishing at all. These are very light scratches (I cannot catch my fingernail in any of them). This may be an obvious question but would it be recommeded to step up to a yellow pad and a more abrasive compound? If so, the IP is all the most abbrasive that I currently have on my shelf. But I can get local access to Megs compounds. I just don`t know which one to try out.

Obviously, the other option (since this is my first use with a PC) perhaps there are some technique adjustments that I may need to make. I am following the Menzerna directions for PC use to the letter.

I have photos, however I apparently have to manually resize them before I can attach them. I`ll work on that this evening. In the meantime, any suggestions?

Thanks

mikebai1990
08-12-2007, 08:02 PM
What kind of car is it? You`ll probably (as you said) have to step up to either a more aggressive pad or a more aggressive polish.