PDA

View Full Version : Another NewB who`s been lurking awhile

NDJ
08-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Hi all! Just wanted to drop in and say how much I`ve appreciated the incredibly valuable info that is exchanged and shared here.

I was (I thought) a fairly thorough car care enthusiast "back in the day." But for a number of years my career kept me supplied with company vehicles so taking the car to commercial car washes and automated washes became a comfortable place for me.

In 2002, my company was bought out and I went to work for a start up company and was given a car allowance instead of a company car. So I bought an `03 Acura TL. For three and a half years I sort of treated it like my past company cars. No abuse, but after spending Mondays through Fridays in the car as your office, the last thing I wanted to do on the weekend was to spend another half day on the weekend cleaning and detailing it.

Bottom line, I`ve hung on to it beyond using it as a company vehicle and now detailing it is a hobby. I discovered Autopia about a year ago about seven or eight months ago and, I`m sure like many newbies, was blown away by how many things I`d been doing that were no longer acceptable methods for car care.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on, but it has been a great pleasure through the spring and summer to be re-educated in car care and detailing in particular. I look forward to continuing my education.

BlueZero
08-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Welcome to Autopia! You should be able to find more than enough information here to help you take care of your TL.