PDA

View Full Version : Not getting any suds!

Pages : [1] 2

Gryz
08-11-2007, 11:19 AM
It doesn`t seem to matter what kind of car wash I use, no matter what, I can`t get any suds on the cars while using a sheepskin mitt.

I know that the suds don`t really matter, that the soap is getting on the car either way, but it is hard to see whether or not I hit that part of the car with soap or not...

Now, when I use any other type of mitt I can get the soapy suds, but I like the softness of the sheepskin and prefer it over the others.

Any suggestions?

mikebai1990
08-11-2007, 11:29 AM
It`s probable that your water is too hard, and interfering with the soap. What soap do you use? What concentration do you use it at? I`ve never heard people having trouble with suds when using sheepskin mitts but not with other mitts..

Even without the suds, you should definitely be able to see where you put the soap on. It`s simply not the same as water.

awahl63
08-11-2007, 11:34 AM
How much soap do you use?

Gryz
08-11-2007, 11:29 PM
I have been using Megs Deep Crystal.

I use a 2 gallon bucket and pour what seems like 8 capfuls in...just what the directions say and then add the water. I get tons of suds in the bucket but just none will go onto the car.

And believe it or not, it does look just like water going onto the cars even though I know it`s not.

It is entirely possible that my water it too hard though...

tC_Crazy
08-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Maybe this is a dumb suggestion, but do you spray the water into the bucket full-force? I do that with Megs Gold Class and get a TON of suds using 2 capfulls. If not then yeah it could be your water source.

stiffdogg06
08-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Thats what I do. Spray it full force and I get major suds even with 4.99 bottle of Zymol auto wash. That 5 capfuls for 5 gallon bucket.

Toymachine2009
08-12-2007, 12:56 AM
I as well use Megs Gold Class and when filling up the bucket I get plenty of suds. I also use a sheepskin mitt and dont get any suds on the car as well.

White lexus 23
08-12-2007, 01:23 AM
hey all ive been using megs soft wash gel lately on my own personal car. and i love it but i have been wondering how much soap should i use with a gallon of water. Thanks!

tod071
08-12-2007, 01:29 AM
Could you possibly have some wax on the mitt? Try washing the mitt with some dishwashing soap, rinse it out very well, and try it again.

DaGonz
08-12-2007, 06:18 AM
I think that the amounts of car wash shampoo the manufacturers suggest is a lot like what the hair shampoo people suggest.

When you wash your hair, is it really necessary to lather, rinse and repeat?

I just give the bottle a squeeze, add the water and wash...never had a problem!

Egleone6
08-12-2007, 08:14 AM
I have been using Megs Deep Crystal.

I use a 2 gallon bucket and pour what seems like 8 capfuls in...just what the directions say and then add the water. I get tons of suds in the bucket but just none will go onto the car....

I too use MDC and I don`t get any suds on the car. I have the softest water, only 1 grain of hardness. I do get suds in the bucket, but not on the car. I still can tell where I have been and know what is cleaned. I have been known to miss a spot or two..

Gryz
08-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes, I do put the water in the bucket at full force and get foam like crazy, just none seem to get on the mitt.

Perhaps I will try another soap...

Paulie Walnuts
08-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Megs Deep Crystal isnt the best. If you are looking OTC try some Megs Gold Class or some Armor All Shampoo. I been using the Armor All because it cleans better than MGC and I can get 4 bottles for the price of one MGC.

danforz
08-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Are suds some how essential? If a shampoo`s primary purpose is cleaning + lubricity, what more then slick water w/cleaning power is needed?

absoluteczech
08-12-2007, 04:31 PM
i think its the sheep skin when i used a sheep skin mit i found it didnt hold as much suds as other things so i stop using it, it made me feel like i was just moving water around