PDA

View Full Version : Buying tires

bimmerzhp
08-11-2007, 09:27 AM
I am trying to find a place in NY where I can buy used tires. My wife`s lease on her truck comes up soon and I want to return it with tires that have decent tread. Any help is appreciated.

Tasty
08-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Wow, one more reason NOT to lease. You have to return it with so much tread on the tires?? I`ve yet to understand how leasing is a good idea.

imported_Jakerooni
08-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Wow, one more reason NOT to lease. You have to return it with so much tread on the tires?? I`ve yet to understand how leasing is a good idea.

One statement comes to mind... No Negative equity. You`ll never get stuck owing $10,000 on something that is only worth $2000.00 ;)

To the OP. You should be able to pick up a phone book and see any local listing. As far as I know you shouldn`t have problems turning in a lease with wear on the tires. Unless it`s extreamly excessive wear.

Tasty
08-11-2007, 07:36 PM
One statement comes to mind... No Negative equity. You`ll never get stuck owing $10,000 on something that is only worth $2000.00 ;)

To the OP. You should be able to pick up a phone book and see any local listing. As far as I know you shouldn`t have problems turning in a lease with wear on the tires. Unless it`s extreamly excessive wear.

True, but you`re paying on something you will never own. I guess if you have the money and you want a new car every ~3 years then it`s the way to go. I don`t get it, but obviously some people out there do or they wouldn`t do it!

Good luck on the tires! Or tyres as they say across the pond.

bimmerzhp
08-12-2007, 07:16 PM
True, but you`re paying on something you will never own. I guess if you have the money and you want a new car every ~3 years then it`s the way to go. I don`t get it, but obviously some people out there do or they wouldn`t do it!

Good luck on the tires! Or tyres as they say across the pond.

I do like the idea of a new vehicle every three years. Another reason is that you are never out of warranty, and the way american cars are built it is not a good idea to be without a warranty. I am not putting down american products, besides my Bimmer that I own, I have a 1986 Mustang GT.

mikebai1990
08-12-2007, 08:05 PM
I dunno... Instead of leasing, you could buy the car, and then sell it after 3 years, and you would make more money than leasing the vehicle for 3 years. It`s a no-brainer, unless you are using it for business purposes (tax deduction or something).

bimmerzhp
08-12-2007, 09:01 PM
I dunno... Instead of leasing, you could buy the car, and then sell it after 3 years, and you would make more money than leasing the vehicle for 3 years. It`s a no-brainer, unless you are using it for business purposes (tax deduction or something).

I do not agree. My wifes truck cost 42K. According to Kelley Blue book trade in value is $19K this makes my cost 23K. If I sell privately price is $21,750, making cost $20,250. My lease over the 3 years costs me $16,344 with nothing down. True I never own the vehicle but I think I am ahead of the game. This also does not take into consideration the interest I would loose taking the money from my bank account.