PDA

View Full Version : Polishing and Waxing a lighter colored vehicle

tallydawg
08-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Hello everyone!

I have to say, I`m down right confused and I look at the acronym post a lot to figure out what is being said here. However my question(s) are fairly simple (at least it should be to you pros)

Here is my situation:

I recently (6 months ago) bought a 07 Southern Comfort Tahoe. The exact Tahoe can be found in pictures here (http://www.scomfort.com/2007chevytahoe.html). The color I have is that Off-White (or as SoCo calls it "White Diamond" and it is VERY similar to the Escalade "White Pearl"). I have ordered the PC7424 and now I need to order the correct pads and wax/polish. There are very few swirls marks but mostly cob webs in the paint. What I hope to accomplish is a "wet" look with a good wax that will at least protect it for 2-3 months.

With that said, the current plan

-wash with Meguiars Gold Class (I have been using this soap for years, love it)

-clay with Meguiars Clay (I HATE claying, but what must be done, must be done... or do I really need to clay since the paint is so new and lack of swirls?)

-this is where your advice comes in

Cliff Notes: I`m looking for a good polish/wax combo that is good for a off white vechicle

THANKS!

mikebai1990
08-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Yes, claying is definitely a good idea. If you want the maximum shine, you should probably use your PC and do a good polishing all around. That will get rid of the marring on the paint. With polishes, there are a LOT of choices, so you should look around and use what matches your needs.

With waxes, again, there are too many choices to give you a definite. Since you mentioned 2-3 months, that means you`re probably worried more about durability than looks. I`d recommend Collinite (845 or 476S), Duragloss (601+105, Aquawax), Jeff Werkstatt`s. Those three brands are known for their durability and a nice, wet, look with a proper preparation of the car beforehand (polish, clay).

tallydawg
08-11-2007, 09:51 AM
the only reason I mention "recommended" waxes for a lighter vehicle is because I have read some saying "if you have a darker car" ie the p21s I believe?