PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a PC Clay bar applicator pad

ZIGSGT
06-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Has anyone used this product with his or her PC? I love the results I get from claying by hand and I was wondering if I use a this applicator with the speed of my PC how the results would be. Would this be a good investment?

GregCavi
06-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I would probably not reccomend it. I can imagine that if something had grit in your clay and then you buff it with the pc the results could be disasterous. my $0.02

Greg

jaybs02
06-13-2005, 03:53 AM
I agree with Greg, all it takes is one small piece of grit to get caught in the clay and will do more damage than good.

I like to feel if there is any drag as I am claying, this way I know that there is enough lube
It would take me longer because I clay as I wash.

HTH
"J"

JaredPointer
06-13-2005, 07:20 AM
I agree with the above. Claying is something that you need to do by hand to allow you to have a "feel" for the clay. It`s one process that I completely disagree with trying to use a machine get it done. Clay by hand!!

ZIGSGT
06-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanx for your help. You are so right Jay "all it takes is one small piece of grit to get caught in the clay " I`m not even going to give it a try.

Boss_429
06-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanx for your help. You are so right Jay "all it takes is one small piece of grit to get caught in the clay " I`m not even going to give it a try.
Good decision! The guys "nailed" it! :bigups

NYV6Coupe
06-13-2005, 06:57 PM
the clay bar is gonna pick-up grit & crap by virtue of being what it is .... a clay bar. The surface of the clay bar that picks up garbage is going to continue to work against the surface of your car until it`s folded to present a fresh clean surface.

I prefer manual claying `cause I can feel when the surface is clean and I can hear when the clay is picking up junk.