PDA

View Full Version : Ghosting after debadge?

scoobydrew
08-10-2007, 09:21 PM
I just debadged my car today, but there appears to be "ghosting."

I took off the letters that spell out SUBARU on my trunk by using the old fishing line and hair dryer trick. The letters came off nice and easy. Then to take out the adhesive, I used that Tarminator stuff and it worked great on that. But there still appears to be adhesive there, spelling out SUBARU once again.

I know it isn`t paint fade, but rather adhesive. I claybar-ed it, and it took off some. I even used more Tarminator and let it soak, but it didn`t work either.

What should I use to take that stubborn adhesive off?

Thanks.

BigJimZ28
08-10-2007, 09:29 PM
WD-40 works go for that!

scoobydrew
08-10-2007, 09:56 PM
`I\`ll try that, thanks!\r\n\r\nHere\`s a pic of what I mean. It looks a bit faint from the image, but when you see it, it\`s there.\r\n\r\nhttp://scoobydrew.kimete.com/IMG_2127.JPG`

imported_Denzil
08-11-2007, 01:09 AM
To be honest, Goo-Gone has NEVER failed me.

kapinnn
08-11-2007, 02:40 AM
To be honest, Goo-Gone has NEVER failed me.

+1 to goo gone

salty
08-11-2007, 05:03 AM
Probably you have stained paint. Not sure if it is the adhesive or oxidation, but the ghosting or letter outline might be there to stay. I have tried wetsanding and that helped very little. I have never seen any long term results, to see if it went away.

scoobydrew
08-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Where can I get Goo-gone? I couldn`t find it at the auto store. Do you think a place like Target might have it?

Eliot Ness
08-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Where can I get Goo-gone? I couldn`t find it at the auto store. Do you think a place like Target might have it?Target, Wal-Mart, and some grocery stores might carry it. Here is what to look for:

http://www.magicamerican.com/images/gg_images/GG3.gif

Like BigJimZ28 mentioned, WD-40 will also work very well.

imported_tpdetail
08-11-2007, 09:55 AM
polish it with color x worked great for me. But to behonest, any polishing will do. whip out your pc or udm