PDA

View Full Version : No Polishing pads...what to do??

Raz5219
08-10-2007, 04:04 PM
I`m detailing my car tomorrow with Klasse AIO, but just noticed that I don`t have any new polishing pads to use with my PC. I do have a Polishing pad which I previously used with SSR 1.0, but cleaned it thoroughly after using it. Can I use this with the Klasse? ..I know I`m gonna get flamed fot this. I do have a new Finishing pad..will this be ok to use with Klasse AIO, or is a Polishing pad required?

Or I could scrap the PC and do it by hand. If so, will this be effective enough?

What should I do?

BlackElantraGT
08-10-2007, 04:11 PM
As long as your pad is clean, you can reuse it with a different product. When people say to not cross-contaminate pads, they`re referring to using the same pad you just used with one product and then using again with another product without cleaning it properly first.

Most people on here couldn`t afford or don`t have the space to have a separate pad for every product they owned.

imported_Puckman
08-10-2007, 04:12 PM
I personally wouldn`t hesitate to use a thoroughly cleaned SSR 1 pad with Klasse AIO. What are you trying to do? If it`s a simple chemical cleaning buff job I`d use the polishing pad (which one BTW). I like to work AIO`s with something a little more than a finishing pad (LC black or blue). I use a LC white pad with AIO most of the time.

ZoranC
08-10-2007, 04:12 PM
I`m detailing my car tomorrow with Klasse AIO, but just noticed that I don`t have any new polishing pads to use with my PC. I do have a Polishing pad which I previously used with SSR 1.0, but cleaned it thoroughly after using it. Can I use this with the Klasse? ..I know I`m gonna get flamed fot this. I do have a new Finishing pad..will this be ok to use with Klasse AIO, or is a Polishing pad required?

Or I could scrap the PC and do it by hand. If so, will this be effective enough?

What should I do?

Go by hand only if you hate yourself and your elbow. Cleaned polishing pad will do just fine. You can use finishing pad if swirl removal is not your imperative.

Raz5219
08-10-2007, 04:21 PM
I personally wouldn`t hesitate to use a thoroughly cleaned SSR 1 pad with Klasse AIO. What are you trying to do? If it`s a simple chemical cleaning buff job I`d use the polishing pad (which one BTW). I like to work AIO`s with something a little more than a finishing pad (LC black or blue). I use a LC white pad with AIO most of the time.

Wow, I didn`t think I could reuse the polishing pad..this is good news. I have Lake country pads from Autogeek.net. My car is brand new..about a month old, so I don`t have any swirls to deal with. I think a simple chemical cleaning with clay before that then sealant and carnauba wax after the AIO is all I need. I want a deep, rich and wet look. Not just the glass, candy look that Sealants give. So you guys still think I should reuse the cleaned SSR1.0 white Polishing pad after this information?

ZoranC
08-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Wow, I didn`t think I could reuse the polishing pad ... So you guys still think I should reuse the cleaned SSR1.0 white Polishing pad after this information?

There is no reason why you should not be able to (re)use correctly cleaned pad with/for something else.

I think a simple chemical cleaning with clay before that ...

Just to clarify, one can not say clay does chemical cleaning.