PDA

View Full Version : Polish Then Opti Seal

Darren F
08-10-2007, 12:09 PM
I am going to Polish my car today and then seal it with Opti Seal. The forcast is for rain later today though. If after I am done and get stuck in the rain will the Opti Seal not have bonded to my paint long enough for it to protect the paint properly? Will I need to get something on the paint as soon as I can after it rains to make sure it is protected?

mikebai1990
08-10-2007, 12:17 PM
I`d probably wait until you have a full day for it to cure. Meanwhile, you can put something else that will provide a little protection and something that is easy to apply.

Darren F
08-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately I dont have alot of time so that is why I love the Opti Seal, just wipe it on and walk away...I only get one day off a week and I have a 18 month old baby so time is somthing I dont have a lot of. ...But either way Im not sure but I dont think the Opti Seal needs to cure for 24 hours so I am hoping that if the rain holds up for a few hours I might be ok...

Crusader101
08-10-2007, 10:36 PM
I doubt that Opti-Seal needs a full 24 hour cure time. And heck, just spend a few minutes in a couple weeks and re-apply another layer. :xyxthumbs Check the spelling of Mercedes in your sig.

Scottwax
08-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I think you will be fine. I`d just put a second coat on next time you wash your car if you want some additional piece of mind.

booyah
08-10-2007, 11:36 PM
I used the Opti-seal for the first time today and I tell you what you DONT need much at ALL! I was suprised at the little amount you use. It seems to dry almost right away too.

wannafbody
08-10-2007, 11:42 PM
drying and curing are 2 different things. If it rained within a couple hours of applying the OS I`d reapply another coat as the curing was probably affected.

booyah
08-10-2007, 11:43 PM
So whats the time before you can apply a 2nd coat?