PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Slick Mist

Pages : [1] 2 3

jfsully
08-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I have read somewhere about Lucas Slick Mist and was able to finally find it at my local Auto Zone.

It seems to be a combination between a QD and just a pure gloss enhancer. So far Ive liked it a lot and am considering using it instead of Pinnacle Crystal Mist and the AW marine detailer I have.

Time will tell but after first usage I am very impressed.

Has anyone else used the product?

hdu
08-09-2007, 10:49 PM
After a disappointing search at my local auto stores no one has it. Anyone want to sell be a bottle?

golfdude
08-09-2007, 11:03 PM
I have some! I bought it because somebody on the forums said it creates a slicker finish than FK 425. But, I haven`t tried the FK stuff so I don`t know if it does. I don`t seem to notice any difference in appearance after using this product on a surface, nor have I truly used the product long enough to make any solid opinions on the product. But, initially, I`d say it is ok. But for the $7-8 I payed for it, I am not complaining. Try an Advanced Auto parts for the product. If they don`t have it, they can get it. Product # 10160...ask for it by this product number. I am not going to sell it either though, sorry hdu.

45calmike
08-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Any product report and pictures anyone want to share?

hdu
08-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the suggestion xfire but its unlucky for me living on an island/ Hawaii. Lets just say I spent 2 hours driving around looking for it. But I might settle for DG AW or FK425. I haven`t tried FK425 yet but the slickest QD I have tried so far is Mark V showroom finish.

I have tried: meg UQD, DG FS&C , Mark V showroom finish

I hope this product is worth the search. :2thumbs:

golfdude
08-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Sorry...no pics as of yet. I have been very lazy with my car I must say...not enough time to clean it. I forgot to mention that I didn`t notice any improvement in slickness of the surface using Lucas Quick mist...maybe it was because I didn`t let the product "set." I just touched the surface right after wiping an area down with this stuff.

golfdude
08-10-2007, 12:54 AM
WOOPS!! I forgot to tell you, hdu, that I had difficulty trying to find the Lucas product myself. If an advance auto parts is not in your area, I strongly suggest you just call Lucas Oil directly. Just check-out their website and go to "contacts" for their number. Tell whoever picks up that you would like to purchase slick mist, but it is not in your area. They will get sombody to look for the product in your area. I did have to call a few times to get a faster response, but it was very nice of them to do such a thing. Great customer effort.

Darren F
08-10-2007, 11:29 AM
anyone use their polish?

jfsully
08-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Just used the Slick Mist for the second time after polycharging with 6 doses of H20 Polycharger.

Finish looks mirror like and looks better than any of the QDs I`ve used. Still not sure if this is designed as a QD or just "gloss enhancer: but whichever it is ...the car looks like glass.

Will try to take pics to update.

DM101
08-11-2007, 12:30 PM
I am at the other end of the stick. Slick mist did not impress me at all. I had to use 2 MF towels one to apply one to remove. My car is already pretty slick before I tried it. It left streaks and was hard to remove "FOR ME".....425, quickshine, Pin. mist, and Meg. UD in my opinion are better products. But try for your self and give us feedback.

Just used the Slick Mist for the second time after polycharging with 6 doses of H20 Polycharger.

Finish looks mirror like and looks better than any of the QDs I`ve used. Still not sure if this is designed as a QD or just "gloss enhancer: but whichever it is ...the car looks like glass.

Will try to take pics to update.

DBC
08-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I haven`t tried FK425 yet

try it out..or you can even ask Ranney about it..im sure he`ll recommended it over other QDs.i like it.combined with AW it makes the paint really slick IME/IMO.and at about $25/gal its a good deal.

BTW this is rob808 from the forums.

mblgjr
08-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Can`t speak for the Lucas detailer; but all their other products are outstanding!

425 Is my QD of choice...haven`t really found anything that beats it yet.

imported_Tex Star Detail
08-11-2007, 09:52 PM
On my recent trip to Missouri, I found it at the local Auto Zone and picked it up. Cannot find it here in Texas, well, at least around my town.

I have not used it enough to give an opinion yet...

wannafbody
08-11-2007, 11:18 PM
You might be able to find it at Pep Boys- they sell some of the Lucas products

hdu
08-12-2007, 04:13 AM
I had no luck in finding it so I just pick up a bottle of AW. I just put down a layer of AW and also a layer after QD (mixture of Dg fs&c and meg UQD).