PDA

View Full Version : Sprinkler marks and overspray! and Rim problems!

BlackMax
08-09-2007, 08:50 PM
whats up :confused: , I have a 2001 Nissan Maxima Gle, thats has some sprinkler stains, I am trying to sell my car and really need to find a way to remove them, what is the best product to use and how should you apply it ( buffer etc) and I also have a little over spray that is noticeable on sunny days, what do you recommend for that? And I dont know if there is anything I can do but I have black rims with a polished lip, and I guess some of the clear coat on the lip is coming off and dirt is getting embedded into it, its kinda hard to explain but if anyone knows what im talking about is there anyway to fix this too? Thanks in advance

imported_themightytimmah
08-09-2007, 08:56 PM
It depends if the sprinkler marks are embedded or on the surface. If they`re on the surface, there are a few good water spot removers out there - or an AIO will do it. If they`re embedded, a wool pad on a rotary is probably the easiest way to fix them :wall.

The overspray should come off with an aggressive clay bar. The failing clearcoat on the rims is not good, but careful polishing by hand might help the situation.

I would highly reccomend hitting the overspray with an aggressive clay bar, and then the whole car with Vanilla Moose or Red Moose Machine Glaze via PC, then top it with a heavy carnauba (Collinite comes to mind). This won`t perfect it, but it`ll get things looking good for a sale.

bjlee
08-09-2007, 09:11 PM
My general recommendations for Sprinkler Marks (hard water marks) are to try White vinegar first - the vinegar will sometimes dissolve the mineral deposits from the hard water. Just spot clean with a vinegar soaked microfiber finishing cloth. The other thing that has worked well for me is using Meguiar`s #9 - also apply liberally with a microfiber finishing cloth and buff off with a MF Buffing cloth. And I`d also echo timmah`s suggestion of an AIO.

If none of those approaches works, then it`s time to take it to a detailer to machine polish it out.

Good luck. :)