PDA

View Full Version : max speed setting

3rd_collective
06-11-2003, 09:56 PM
I just got my pc model 7334, I`m a little disappointed in that it doesn`t have a speed adjustment dial. Basically it`s on at 6000 rpm, I bought it used online, and "a$$umed" it would have the speed setting dial. Anyway, I`m wondering if I used this setting all the time when polishing, would it do more harm than good?

If bad, it`ll probably go back on ebay or something. I`m a newbie when comes to using the pc, don`t worry I intend on practicing on some junkyard hood first.

Did I buy the wrong tool?

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

John Sharp
06-11-2003, 10:09 PM
Hi.

I dont know the product numbers. Is this a rotary polisher or a random orbital?

John

3rd_collective
06-11-2003, 10:45 PM
it`s a porter cable random orbital model#7334 sander/polisher

TheCompleteLook
06-11-2003, 10:59 PM
I would keep it if I got it. Just remember that the higher speed will splatter product more, so be careful or you`ll have major cleanup. Also you inherantly have more cutting power with the high speed, so be midful when choosing pads and product.

No need to get a practice hood, a RO won`t hurt anything.

I usually don`t go all the way to 6, but I always use higher speed and less pressure.

Have fun and enjoy using it!!! :cool:

3rd_collective
06-12-2003, 12:35 AM
I tried it out, it does the job and no problems so that`s good. It might be a keeper :D

John Sharp
06-12-2003, 10:27 PM
I notice that at higher speeds it does less spinning and more vibrating. I like it around 4-5 and I try to apply a little pressure but not very much. If you let the machine just rest on the paint it seems to give you more orbital action but whe you lean on it a little it kinda just vibrates without much spinning at all.

Best regards,
John