PDA

View Full Version : PC coming loose...

warlockid
08-08-2007, 03:37 PM
I think my new PC is coming loose. It seems that when I pull the bp off, the post I screw it to and the rest of that piece including the counterweight are all loose inside the housing. My old one does not have that problem so Im guessing its not suposed to be like that. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I dont want to have to send it back two weeks after I bought it.

mikebai1990
08-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Hm.. What do you mean by loose? Since you do have an old one for comparison, I would imagine that the PC is probably defective and that you should get a replacement. The counterweight part should definitely not be loose inside the housing. All it should do in turn in a random orbit when you turn it with your fingers.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Have you looked at the CW to make sure it still intact?

mikebai1990
08-09-2007, 08:40 AM
You could also check the screws on the counterweight. Slim chance, but worth a look.

Eliot Ness
08-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Take off the counterweight and check out the bearing. Below is a link on changing the bearing. The pictures seem to be missing right now, but the procedure should give you a pretty good idea of what to do if the bearing needs to be replaced:

HOW TO: Replace bearings - w/pics - DetailCity.org - Auto Detailing Enthusiast Forum (http://www.detailcity.org/forums/car-polishers-buffing-pads-accessories/20054-how-replace-bearings-w-pics.html)

If it is new I`d send it off for a warranty repair/replacement like mikebai1990 suggested, but replacing the bearing yourself (if that is the problem) doesn`t look too hard.