PDA

View Full Version : Most aggresive PC (pad and product combo)?

Reflctn Perfctn
06-11-2005, 07:23 PM
When using the PC what is the most aggresive pad and product combo to tackle some bad swirls and medium scratches????? I am looking to get a rotary like affect with the pc.

GregCavi
06-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Well i dont really know the most abrasive pad combo. I guess wool or a cutting pad with powergloss? FWIW you wont be able to get a rotary effect with a pc most likely. The pc cannot generate enough heat to act like a rotary. Also you wont want to use something super super abrasive right away on your paint. Start with something not to harsh and then work your way up.

Greg

Boss_429
06-11-2005, 07:55 PM
When using the PC what is the most aggresive pad and product combo to tackle some bad swirls and medium scratches????? I am looking to get a rotary like affect with the pc.
IMHO, the most aggressive product pad combination would be something in the area of a product rated around 6 (like DACP, SSR2.5, 3M Perfect IT II fine cut) in aggressiveness, with a light cutting pad.

I know others have gone more aggressive, but a PC is just not made to work heavier products correctly... it is a "polisher", not a rotary "buffer".

kimwallace
06-11-2005, 08:32 PM
I agree with Boss, I have used more aggressive products with the PC and many times end up with micro scratches because the polish doesn`t break down properly. Then I end up getting out the rotary to correct the mess.
This is just my experience ... yours may be different:)

zannard
06-11-2005, 10:37 PM
DACP and Meg`s Red(maroon) 6.5" pad.

I have had a little luck with SSR 3.0.

Anthony A
06-11-2005, 11:40 PM

I find the Megs Red pad to be too aggressive with a PC. It leaves some nasty micro marring and dulls the finish quite a bit. Using a lighter polish on a polishing pad doesn`t seem to correct the damage left by the red pad .

Poorboy
06-12-2005, 07:56 AM

try SSR3 with a polishing pad but kick it up to #6 after a quick spread

or SSR2.5 with an Orange LCVC pad seems to be pretty aggressive for swirls and scratches:dunno

Patrick
06-12-2005, 09:43 AM
I have had tremendous success with SSR 3.0 and a yellow pad....followed up with 2.0 and a green for cleaning up marring, then sealed....

probegt
06-12-2005, 09:53 AM
IMHO, the most aggressive product pad combination would be something in the area of a product rated around 6 (like DACP, SSR2.5, 3M Perfect IT II fine cut) in aggressiveness, with a light cutting pad.

I know others have gone more aggressive, but a PC is just not made to work heavier products correctly... it is a "polisher", not a rotary "buffer".

Same here. If I need something more aggressive I will break out the rotary and a cutting pad.

Poorboy
06-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Same here. If I need something more aggressive I will break out the rotary and a cutting pad.

that`s a given to anyone who can use and has the tool:headbang, but the question at hand is the use of a PC and aggressive products:)