PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys EX?

imported_RedlineIRL
08-06-2007, 09:48 PM
For those of you all that have used Poorboys EX, what are your opinions on it? Has anyone had any problems with it, how about it leaving a haze or streaks after using it? What is the best way to use it to achieve the most shine and protection? I`ve never used it before, so I`m just loking for some tips from those who had had first hand experience using it.

Since the Poorboys EX already contains carnuba, which would be better to apply after a carnuba or syntehtic wax?

Ben Kenobi
08-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I used it for the first time last week and applied it as directed. Applied with a dampened Meg`s foam applicator, very little amount on the pad. Wiped and let sit for a only a few minutes as I working in a lot of sun. Removed with a microfiber towel. For maximum shine PB`s recommends waiting up to an hour before removing.

I think you`re thinking of EX-P which does have carnuba. EX does not have any, it is a pure sealant. If you`re using either one I would think you could put on a nice paste carnuba.

pt91
08-06-2007, 10:34 PM
I used it for the first time last week and applied it as directed. Applied with a dampened Meg`s foam applicator, very little amount on the pad. Wiped and let sit for a only a few minutes as I working in a lot of sun. Removed with a microfiber towel. For maximum shine PB`s recommends waiting up to an hour before removing.

I think you`re thinking of EX-P which does have carnuba. EX does not have any, it is a pure sealant. If you`re using either one I would think you could put on a nice paste carnuba.

EX has wax

EX-P is pure sealant.

Got them reversed I think.

Ben Kenobi
08-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Agh I did get them reversed. I have the EX-P which I really enjoyed using. I wish Steve at PB`s had used different name for the two products as I know I`m not the only one who gets confused.

Big Leegr
08-07-2007, 03:01 AM
Well, he called EX-P "EX-P" for EX-Pure (no carnauba). In case this helps with the confusion. :)

As to the best way to get easiest removal etc, I find applying it via machine gets the most even/thin coat for me, so it`s the easiest to remove. (Thicker and it gets a little less easy.)

Also, you should apply EX (or EX-P) before applying a wax, since EX(-P) are sealants.

Way2SSlow
08-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Both the PB sealants are incredibly easy to use. They seem pretty forgiving as well (if you put too much on). I think EX looks great. It`s a lot deeper than EX-P and you can tell it`s got carnauba in it.

imported_smprince1
08-07-2007, 07:19 AM
EX is easy on/easy off. Applies easier and thinner via PC. Looks great on dark solids.

imported_RedlineIRL
08-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Great, I`m glad I got the EX then. I was looking for something to provide a deep shine.

Scottwax
08-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Both the PB sealants are incredibly easy to use. They seem pretty forgiving as well (if you put too much on). I think EX looks great. It`s a lot deeper than EX-P and you can tell it`s got carnauba in it.

Agreed. Works very well in the summer sun too.

Evenflow
08-07-2007, 09:37 PM
EX is one of my favorite sealants to use. Easy on, and easy off. I apply it with a PC (4) and a finishing pad. Definitely adds a nice glow to the paint. EX/CMW is my combo for depth/wetness.