PDA

View Full Version : What is ONR supposed to smell like?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mikebai1990
08-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I`m confused as to what ONR is supposed to smell like. A sample provided by a fellow member smelled very bad, kinda disgusting actually. However, I just placed an order from autogeek, and this ONR smells like Pine-sol :) Have they changed the fragances/formula recently or something? From what I`ve seen on the board, people mention that ONR smells very bad, and that matches to my sample. But this new order of ONR smells very nice, actually...

BlackElantraGT
08-06-2007, 08:45 PM
I remembered Scottwax mentioned recently that they added some kind of scent to it that smells like 7-up, but it shouldn`t change the way ONR works.

My ONR has a slightly weird smell, but I don`t think it`s from any added fragrance. It just smells like the odor of whatever chemicals ONR consists of.

simracer
08-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Don`t know what it`s supposed to smell like, but I just got some from autogeek and it has a sort of chemical smell like tamed down ammonia or window cleaner and lemons. But Pine sol may be close.

Also, mine is blue. Don`t know if the brown stuff is newer or not or if the smell is different.

Mobilejay
08-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Crap.plain and simple. mine smells horrible, its not strong but if I sniff it for some reason or another it smells like crap. I have to place an order hopefully tomorrow so we`ll see if the new one smells better.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-06-2007, 11:10 PM
I just took a whiff of my gallon jug and it does smell similar to windex with something else in there to make the amonia smell not so strong.

Scottwax
08-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I have two new gallons that have a 7-Up scent. The older versions don`t smell great but you don`t really notice the odor when you are using it.

optimusp517
08-06-2007, 11:19 PM
I don`t smell anything at all. I haven`t open my new gallon jug yet. I`m still using my small one.

paul34
08-06-2007, 11:44 PM
To me, it smells most like... penciles. Graphite. Yea, that`s it.

I don`t consider it a "bad" smell per se, but it`s also nothing I look forward to using just on account of the smell (come on guys, admit it, you do this!) :D

derekbmw
08-06-2007, 11:46 PM
its not bad, nothing noticeable.

codiddy
08-07-2007, 12:14 AM
i always thought mine kinda smelled like plastic

imported_hooked
08-07-2007, 02:00 AM
ONR reminds me of "Roll-On," the coating used on wooden rollerskating rink floors to prevent your wheels from slipping.

mikebai1990
08-07-2007, 08:44 AM
... I look forward to using just on account of the smell (come on guys, admit it, you do this!) :D

LOL.. Yes, I have to agree. I kept smelling the new ONR yesterday because it really did smell nice. I was worried I was going to get high on it, so I immediately stopped :grinno:

Yea, the old one, IMO, does smell kinda like plastic. Of course, when I was using it I couldn`t smell any, but when I put my nose to it to smell it, YUCK!

Well, I`m glad ONR smells better now!

VTechFan02
08-07-2007, 08:57 AM
ONR has a strange smell. I wouldn`t call it strong or particularly bad. I think I might agree that it smells similar to pencils/graphite. Mine definitely does not smell like Pine Sol or any other cleaner I have used. I got my 32OZ. from PakShak about 5 weeks ago.

-Frank

xtremekustomz
08-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Smells like a combination of Windex and something else....actually I knew a guy that used windex to wash his truck. The truck was completely filthy when he started and I saw no swirls or scratches. He applied a coat of 3M had glaze on top of it and the truck looked amazing. He said he has always done it that way but I would never do that to mine.

Greg Nichols
08-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Once again all you HUFFERS need to stop:nomore: , I have never meet a bunch that dwell on the smell of the products quite like detailers do:laugh: