PDA

View Full Version : Correct way to apply Menerza FP2 and Blackfire sealant with a PC 7424

box3876
08-04-2007, 07:52 PM
I am a newbie who does my own personal cars. Not sure of the proper speeds to use on the PC to apply the Menerza FP2 and Blackfire sealant. Also how fast are you guys moving the PC along the car? Is it a very slow back and forth movement along the car or a fairly quick movement? Thanks in advance for the help as I just want to apply the stuff the correct way and learn how fast to move the PC. I am doing my black F150 tomorrow and am a little leary about it. If it comes out good I will post a pic.

imported_Puckman
08-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Do 2x2 foot areas and move the PC around at speed 3-4 to spread your polish around. This gets good even coverage of the polish in the work area. Then crank it up to 5-6 and move it slowly - about an inch or two per second and overlap your pad diameter 50% each pass. Work the polish into the area until it`s almost transparent. You want to fully break down the polish to get the most out of it. I do about 4-5 passes over the entire area with Menzerna polish and like to move north to south then east to west - that`s 2 N -> S and 2 E -> W. When you`re done turn off the PC and wipe the area with a good MF towel and inspect your work. If the swirls/scratches are still there do it again (and again and again etc.) until you`re happy with the results.

I apply sealants with a PC and a black or blue LC pad and keep the speed at around 4 and move a little quicker on the passes - again, I like to overlap to insure coverage.

Old Pirate
08-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Couldn`t said it better! Great post Puckman!

VTechFan02
08-04-2007, 11:48 PM
I agree with Puckman. Great summation of basic polishing via a PC.

-Frank

box3876
08-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Do 2x2 foot areas and move the PC around at speed 3-4 to spread your polish around. This gets good even coverage of the polish in the work area. Then crank it up to 5-6 and move it slowly - about an inch or two per second and overlap your pad diameter 50% each pass. Work the polish into the area until it`s almost transparent. You want to fully break down the polish to get the most out of it. I do about 4-5 passes over the entire area with Menzerna polish and like to move north to south then east to west - that`s 2 N -> S and 2 E -> W. When you`re done turn off the PC and wipe the area with a good MF towel and inspect your work. If the swirls/scratches are still there do it again (and again and again etc.) until you`re happy with the results.

I apply sealants with a PC and a black or blue LC pad and keep the speed at around 4 and move a little quicker on the passes - again, I like to overlap to insure coverage.

Thank you Puckman. I took your advice and did my 03 Ford F150 this morning. Never been polished or waxed since it was brand new. Looks like it is brand new again. Wash, clayed, Menz FP2, Blackfire sealant and p21s wax. I may have cheated on a few passes as I was getting short of time. Here are the pics.

box3876
08-05-2007, 05:06 PM

Next weekend I will be doing my daughters Neon. Hope that goes much quicker.

kapinnn
08-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Looks pretty good!! Good job!

kapinnn
08-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Next weekend I will be doing my daughters Neon. Hope that goes much quicker.

It will... Amazing how my 350Z goes much faster than my Explorer. :D

imported_Puckman
08-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Looks GREAT box. I`ll say with all honesty I`ve "cheated" on a few passes in my time too!