PDA

View Full Version : help with wax selection

Pages : [1] 2

matrix_808
08-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Im looking into trying a new wax, but not quite sure which to get. durability isnt an issue for me. currently i have pinnacle souveran and blackfire paste waxes.

im looking for a high end wax that has a great wet look appearance. is P21s good? its cheaper than pinnacle so i was wondering if its as good or any better. also looking at some of the zymol estate glazes like glasur.

imported_FMINUS
08-04-2007, 07:24 PM
IF durability isnt an issue, stick with Souveran. CG`s 5050 is also good like Souveran but again doesnt last.

kapinnn
08-04-2007, 07:39 PM
I like Victoria Concours Red Wax... I haven`t used Souveran to compare it to, though. I also have Blackfire wax but have not tested it yet...

Old Pirate
08-04-2007, 07:59 PM
It depends on how many times you are going to wax (once a week or once a month) and also on the color of the vehicle your doing. By looking what you have, you got some good stuff there. The P21S is a good wax, also its what your looking for in the shine and warmth of the wax. I use blackfire, P21S, XXX hardcore, nattys white, blue and red and meg`s gold and i like all of them. It`s all in the eye of the beholder.

Tronix
08-04-2007, 08:01 PM
can`t go wrong with megs #21 underneath either p21s or souveran.

Old Pirate
08-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Yes indeed #21! or maybe #7 too!, bet both of these would look great underneath the wax!

dogma
08-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Worlds best wax , Surluster , CG 50/50 or Petes 53

Gen2
08-04-2007, 08:39 PM
I have tried both S100 and Souveran but I find VW Concours Red Wax to be better and it comes in the 3oz packing so it will not cost much to try out :) .

PhaRO
08-04-2007, 11:53 PM
I just used my Zymol Glasur today for the first time. I ordered it from Autosupermart and got it in yesterday. I have plenty of nice waxes but wanted something different to add to the collection. I liked the hand application of the estate glazes which was why I picked an estate glaze for this addition to the collection. I don`t believe much on the specific wax for a specific maker of cars though. I tested the Glasur out on my 95 Altima with original paint and 155,000. I keep it clean and have used Souveran, P21S, Natty`s and others on it. I cleaned it off with Wolfgang Polish Enhanser and applied the Glasur. It was a breeze to apply and remove and the result were outstanding. I don`t think for $95 it is 6 times better then say Natty`s or S100. If money was my only concern I wouldn`t have half of the waxes I have. I`ve only used the Glasur 1 time and based on those results it`s the best looking I`ve used. I can`t wait to use it on other cars this upcoming week. I`m looking for ward to adding some of the other estate glazes soon.

AprilRain
08-05-2007, 12:41 AM
IF durability isnt an issue, stick with Souveran. CG`s 5050 is also good like Souveran but again doesnt last.

What kind of durability do you get from 5050? I usually put CG EZ creme before 5050 to get a really nice wet look.

DM101
08-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Nothing I have tried has beat Pin Sov. with a couple layers of glaze under on MY car except for Zymol Vintage. I have tried all the waxes listed above. Note: That is on MY car with the looks that """I""""like.

warlockid
08-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Nothing I have tried has beat Pin Sov. with a couple layers of glaze under on MY car except for Zymol Vintage. I have tried all the waxes listed above. Note: That is on MY car with the looks that """I""""like.

I wanted to do the same thing on my `94 F150, except with Natty`s Red. Since I was putting on OS for the first time, I didnt know how it would react to Menz FG. So I just went MVP Mystique, Menz IP, Menz FP , OS, NR.

And as far as best wax, its all personal preference IMO. I will say that my first experience with the above mentioned NR today, it was pretty rough getting off without the PC and a buffing bonnet, and even hard to get off with it in some places. I applied thin but let it set for a full minute on each panel. Guess that was too much. For an old work truck it turned out pretty good.

:woohoo:

phamkl
08-05-2007, 03:19 PM
XXX HARD CORE? I wonder how that compares? It seems like it ought to be on par with P21S but its and non-carnauba wax and oil content doesn`t seem to be much so I imagine it might not be quite the beauty wax as P21S, much less Souveran and above.

lbls1
08-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Make sure you give us a good fill-in MDRX. I am dying to hear of your results with the Vintaaaagghe.

To the author of this thread; The only thing I would advise you to try is to pick two or up to three good waxes that you think that you may want to live with. If you want to pick a Zymol for your comparison, then by all means. The wax that brings in the best look of your comparison is the one to go with.

I am an avid user of P21S for my daily driver, as it is a very durable wax, and it can develop a nice hard shine with some persistence. My signature car`s wax is a Zymol Estate Glaze. It is the only wax that I use for it. That should be testament enough to my opinion of it during my years of use with carnauba waxes.

Good luck.

Edit: If you are not sure which EGZymol to go with, then I would suggest that you try Carbon (of the HC Zymols), or if you really want to try an EGZ, then go with Titanium or Glasur.

matrix_808
08-05-2007, 07:34 PM
thanks for all the replies. right now im kinda interested in trying one of the zymol estate glazes, but having trouble deciding which one.

Im really going for that wet look more than anything else. just wanted to hear a few opinions before i drop 100 on another tub of wax when stuff like P21s is only 40.