kchau
08-04-2007, 01:41 AM
has anyone ever used zymol sponges?

how are they?

Mikeyc
08-04-2007, 08:42 AM
has anyone ever used zymol sponges?

how are they?

I used a Zymol sponge for many years on my cars. If you spray off a lot of the dirt/grit before washing it works OK. However, with a flat surfaced sponge the dirt gets trapped against the paint and scratches. So, I`ve since switched to the Edge ShMitt. It has a waffled surface. So, the dirt doesn`t get trapped against the paint. Plus, it lasts a LONG time like a sponge.

kchau
08-04-2007, 01:05 PM
I used a Zymol sponge for many years on my cars. If you spray off a lot of the dirt/grit before washing it works OK. However, with a flat surfaced sponge the dirt gets trapped against the paint and scratches. So, I`ve since switched to the Edge ShMitt. It has a waffled surface. So, the dirt doesn`t get trapped against the paint. Plus, it lasts a LONG time like a sponge.

very reasonable explanation. i will skip on teh zymol sponges then.

Mikeyc
08-04-2007, 01:16 PM
very reasonable explanation. i will skip on teh zymol sponges then.

I think you`ll find that no one on this website uses a sponge to wash their car. There is a group of people who use grout sponges from Home Depot, but that`s about it. I`ve never tried the grout sponge myself. So, I couldn`t say how well it works.

kchau
08-05-2007, 02:22 PM
so what would be the ideal thing to use?

i know that paul used the zymol sponges on the veyron, thats why i was interested in them.

JeffM
08-05-2007, 02:55 PM
goto wally world and get a sheepskin wash mit, and 2 buckets. 1 bucket for rinsing the mitt, the other bucket for soap.

SuperBee364
08-05-2007, 03:39 PM
SpoiledMan was the one who heralded in the Grout Sponge Era.

If I`m doing a traditional wash, I try to use *no* wash media at all. If that`s not enough, I use a boar`s hair brush. If I really do need to go as harsh as a traditional wash media to get the car clean, I use a Grout Sponge. Thanks, SpoiledMan, you have saved me many swirls!