PDA

View Full Version : Deep scratches in front bumper

grecostang
08-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I was washing my car, and noticed on my cobra front bumper there was a single deep scratch down to the first coat of silver ( paint is silver metalic) I tried claybar but its way to deep what do i do now? I think during football, somebody scatched it:wall

Its very noticable :(

BobD
08-03-2007, 02:19 PM
A clay bar won`t get scratches out no matter the size, for further reference.

The only thing you can do is touch it up or have a shop fix it.

kapinnn
08-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Got pics? We can give you a better idea with it. You might be able to polish or wet sand it but being the bumper it`s kind of a pain.

grecostang
08-03-2007, 06:38 PM
well ill take a pic, but its pretty bad, should i just get touch up paint and the clear coat and then just wet sand it

iDetail
08-03-2007, 07:43 PM
well ill take a pic, but its pretty bad, should i just get touch up paint and the clear coat and then just wet sand it

Thats what i would do. Unless its a ferrari i wouldnt take it to a shop. They`re only gonna rape you on labor.

kapinnn
08-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Thats what i would do. Unless its a ferrari i wouldnt take it to a shop. They`re only gonna rape you on labor.

And even then they will rape you on labor :D

NickelPlated.45
08-04-2007, 04:10 PM

Do you have experience with touch-ups and wet sanding?

grecostang
08-04-2007, 10:54 PM
yes i`ve done wet sanding, down panels, for paint prep but no experience i talked to my body man, he said hes gonna try to buff it out.. but well see