PDA

View Full Version : Edge factory visit intro.

ConglomrationAL
08-02-2007, 05:29 PM
I just want to let everybody know that I was kindly invited to the Edge factory last week by the man, the myth, the legend himself-Aaron from Edge. It was a great experience overall and beside the fact that I learned so much about how pads are born, having Aaron show me the detailing tricks he has learned over the years was the topper! Aaron is not only a genius when it comes to the industry, he is one of the nicest guys I`ve met.

I came away with some things that, without visiting the factory, I would have never known. New products that are soon to be released (all of which will be hits), buffing the proper way, and what this article is about- a new ShMITT!!

I was in the market for a new mitt so this worked out well. Aaron told me that his ShMITT is the best wash tool to use on a car and I, being the skeptic that I am, wasn`t so sure. I`ve used wool for as long as I can remember so Aaron said I wasn`t leaving without bringing home a ShMITT to try.

Anyway, I wanted to tell everyone about my experience, but my main focus was to introduce a future post which will be a full review of the ShMITT. It`s a hit already so people may already know what my review will say, but, I`m not holding back on this. I`m gonna put it side-by-side with a wool mitt and we`ll see who comes out on top. I have the perfect car to test it on too.

Thanks for reading!

~Albert

Mobilejay
08-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Thats cool that you got to go up there, I`m jealous. I have been using the shmitt for a good while now and won`t go back to anything else. I`m sure you`ll like it.

golfdude
08-02-2007, 05:46 PM
I am jealous that you where able to visit the factory as well! Where is it anyway? I am not too far from Northeastern PA, and I always travel through PA when going down to school. I look foward to your review as well.

ConglomrationAL
08-02-2007, 05:49 PM
it`s in Folcroft, PA. I live in Newtown Square and it took me about 25 minutes to get there.

jcflys
08-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Wow I would like to go some time as well. Their pads are the only ones I use. I have the ShMitt and the Wheel Shmitt plus all my pads are Edge pads. I also just bought their pads on a stick for my wheels, which work great.