PDA

View Full Version : getting some business

tooklean
06-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Iv`e been running a 29.99 express wash&wax talk about people comimng out of the wood work lol. Especially the ladies at my full time job. Its been a week and I`ve had 6 of these jobs. I know its not big money but I`m just happy to be finally getting some work and hopefully I can start upselling other services.

tsx2004
06-10-2005, 04:30 PM
nice, keep up the good work.

PhaRO
06-10-2005, 05:12 PM
I built my business on a similar priced package (24.99). It wasn`t the price I liked and darn sure wasn`t the cars I wanted most days but it filled a schedule. I believe in being full first then particular next. When I was doing that special I stayed so busy that I raised my prices in hopes of slowing things down. It didn`t work, I got even busier so I raised them again.

GregCavi
06-10-2005, 08:45 PM
that is a good idea. HOpefully some of those poeple will look at other packages that you have. Start letting poeple know that you can do carpet shampooing. Interior work always interests people! YOu can also work on upselling sealants and such for your customers. I am going to start doing smaller packages like an express wash and wax. NXt wash and then NXt spray wax. I woudl rather be doing full details all day but to get a bigger customer base I will try this.

Greg

maximv1
06-10-2005, 09:23 PM
i think it is a great idea to offer a small package like that as an ice breaker. if they are happy with your work, they will call you back. i would leave a price list or a menu list with the person or in their car. that way it is there for them to look at and will keep you in their mind for future work.

PhaRO
06-10-2005, 10:43 PM
I`m almost exclusively express maintence. Average for hands on time is $50-$60 an hour. I can`t make that much doing any other detailing that I offer.

GregCavi
06-10-2005, 10:47 PM
I know quick wash and waxes can be profitabel but does anyone else besides me have trouble doing wash and waxes on a poor condition car? I really hate to see a car that i finished pull away looking bad in my mind. To the customer it is very nice but to me its kind of hard to see/perform.

Greg

jason(england)
06-11-2005, 01:06 AM
Hi guys.
My buisness is mainly volume with some nice more exotic weekend customers.
The problem with volume value jobs is its exhausting doing 9 plus a day at set prices and secondly trying to upsell polishing and any thing over what you normaly do.
People think that because you do in and out hoover windows wheels wash and leather for a price that add ons should be cheap.
This is not the case as we all know im in that transition period right now .
The long and the short of it is that if they expect you to spend hours polishing flat paint wet cleaning etc cheap you dont want that type of customer for anything other that in and out away.
I think you have a better chance of up selling to new customers with better incomes.
Even the guys with mercedes ,porshe etc can be categerised to drivers and car lovers for some they just need to own that badge.
I guess its all about talking to people and education still i must not complain i have a good customer base and I hope a good reputation all the companys i go to are extremely helpfull and keep me busy when im there.
When i first statred 4 years ago I worked 7 days at this and did anything now im a little more selective and realise my time is money whilst trying to strike a balance.
I enjoy this place and am allways interstead to know more .
All the best.
Jaymondo. :doh

tooklean
06-11-2005, 04:17 AM
Yes it is hard for me watcing a car drive away looking good, but not perferct. The bottom line is this when the customers schedules the 29.99 wash&wax I make certain to explain what I do for this particular package period. I ask what type of expectations they have before I start just so they gain an understanding of how the car is going to look upon completion and lucky for me its worked out fine. Its like going to Mcdonald`s and ordering a happy meal and expecting a 1/4 pounder with cheese its not going to happen unless you pay accordingly.

maximv1
06-11-2005, 06:26 AM
i don`t like seeing a car not be 100% either, but tooklean is right. i explain to them if i see flat paint that a buff would be better than just wax. but some people see the shine wax does and think it`s great. as long as they are happy with what they paid for i try not to worry to much about my tastes.