PDA

View Full Version : Need Help...Burned oil on headers

bdaly84
08-02-2007, 06:21 AM
I was adjusting my new rockers on my Vette the other night and I get some oil spilled on the headers. I was adjusting them while the car was running, so while getting burned with hot oil, I really could not wipe up the the oil that spilled on the headers.

They are ceramic coated Hedmans and I can not get the oil off the headers. Its burned in. I use degreaser and hosed it, but with no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions, without painting them. I used Zep Purple power diluted for the degreaser. I also tried straight Simple Green, and again no luck.

All help is appreciated.:up

imported_DetailDan
08-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Id think itll just burn off.

mr.ikon
08-02-2007, 10:22 AM
never tried it on ceramic coated headers but i`ve always used brake cleaner.

ThEGuN1
08-02-2007, 11:58 AM
becareful that the oil does not start a fire in there esp. the exhaust area ...I see it happen a lot. ^ What Ikon said ..Just use brake cleaner and wipe with a mircofiber towel.

bdaly84
08-02-2007, 01:51 PM
becareful that the oil does not start a fire in there esp. the exhaust area ...I see it happen a lot. ^ What Ikon said ..Just use brake cleaner and wipe with a mircofiber towel.

Oh I know the oil could definalty catch quickly, I actually hosed most of it right after it spilled and started to burn. I am going to try brake cleaner, then hose it again. I am making a trip to Carlisle in 20-some days so I what to get it cleaned up.