PDA

View Full Version : can`t get nuba off

proudpoppa
08-01-2007, 10:03 PM
this is so stupid, i almost feel dumb asking this, but how in the world do you get a carnuba wax totally wiped off? i work at a dealership (i know hack, hack, hack) and i was one till i fond this site a while back, and finally said screw the bulk crap they were buying and started getting my own products.

so for the longest time i used some sort of cheap wax that was greasy as all get out, washed it and stuck it outside. but now im into the ocd part of detailing always looking to get that last little swirl or get the finish 3% clearer or 5% deeper. So anyways i just recently got my first tub of nuba, nattty`s red and i love it, but its a smear fest when i get it in the sun, no matter how thin it goes on, whether it hazes or is wax on wax off, it always streaks and smears. i always do an iso wipedown after last polishing step and use no glazes, but still cant get it right.

im sure there`s got to be a trick to it and like i said i feel like a dope for having to ask, but thanks for any tips. James

warlockid
08-01-2007, 10:22 PM
I`ve heard here that red is a little tougher to get off, and to keep it thin, but it sounds like you`re doing that. I got some this week but wont try it until tomorrow. Whats your stepwork prior to applying the wax? And what about towels? Good microfiber I hope. I change towels quite a few times when taking off the wax. Or I`d try a detail spray. Good luck. Doubt if I was helpful but hey, we all gotta do our part I say

proudpoppa
08-01-2007, 10:28 PM
thanks for the reply, i am finishing down with 106ff almost exclusively. then i do an alcohol wipe down. then using the small red ccs looking applicator i apply wax to one panel at a time, so thin that you can hardly see it, let it haze then wipe. i usually fold the mf in half twice and wipe with all sides. i dont have a good q`d to try maybe i should get one.

warlockid
08-01-2007, 10:35 PM
I dont much use the QD but if you`re trying everything else, why not that too? I have Meg`s Ultimate Quick Detailer.

06c350sport
08-02-2007, 12:32 PM
A quick detailer is the key. Griots Speed Shine is especially good at this. (It`s the only Griots product I really like.) For some carnubas I use Speed Shine every time, because it seems to produce a more even wax application.

vortex-5
08-08-2007, 10:50 PM
that`s probably the solvents giving you more time to apply it, as seeing how most QD contain trace amounts of Carnuba the solvents have to be there to keep it in solution.